CC2 and ModPlug player

Mithheru

Hello all. Newbie here who's all hyped up about getting a 632; got it ordered and it's on it's way to me! :)

I've been messing around with CC today and found CC2. My question here is this: Does CC2 work with the ModPlug player like CC does?

I know the ModPlug feature is mixed in with Winamp's in CC. I don't have anything against Winamp; just like using ModPlug for my tracker tunes. I can live if Modplug isn't supported, but it would be nice.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Good question.

The currently playing track name should work.
From memory, the vis plugin didnt work very well (or at all).

Give it a try :)

Mithheru

Now that I have my 632 I tested the Winamp info works. The spectrum analysis didn't work, but that's no big deal.

Thanks.

CF Mark

Administrator
Did you setup modplug to use the winamp plugins?
From memory, you select winamps own plugin directory in the modplug setup.
I think it did work, just nto very well, the update rate was slow.

BTW... good to see someone still playing MODs :)
I still have a rather large collection myself.

Mithheru

I didn't venture too far into plugins with winamp and modplug. I'm quite happy with the fact that CC2 will still read the track information from Modplug

As for the mods themselves, I have quite a collection myself. I can't remember the web site, but there is one somewhere with a huge collection. I downloaded well over 3 gig from there and will take quite a long time to go through them. :)

CF Mark

Administrator
3Gb of MODs is a lot!
Although the newer XMs and ITs are a lot larger.

http://www.hornet.org used to be my stop for MODs... although that was when i got the internet, before that they were all from BBS's.

Im still a big fan of the two guys from the Future Crew... Purple-Motion and Skaven.

CF Mark

Administrator
Well i got the vis working with modplug player and it works very well!

Start playing a song.
Go into the modplug options, plugins tab, and hit the "Add" button.
Browse to the CrystalControl2 directory, and add the plugin in the "winamp-plugin" directory.
After that, select it as the active vis plugin in the list.
Now hit the "Test" button (i have no idea why this needs to be done).

After that it should be working :)