CC2, 633 and readings

giulioncl

I've tried the plugins that comes with CC2 and I have seen the screen forum but I can't find nothing that sends the 633 RPMs and the temps readings to MBM or to the lcd screen. The Speedfan plugin reads the motherboard temps and voltages only.
I like to use MBM with original NT 663 service because:

1) I can see all together the 633-RPMs, 633-temps, motherboard temps voltage etc, in MBM dashboard screen on my monitor;

2) MBM can monitor them with alarms and eventually hibernate the PC.

There is a way to send all the 633 readings to MBM or to the lcd screen?

thanks, Giulio

;)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I do not have a 633, but I believe that it a 16 x 2 display?

If so, any screen written for a 631 will work for a 633. Also, you can take one written for a 4-line display and simply edit to 2 screen files and change the extensions to .2002.

As far as sending CC2 data to MBM, I will have to yield to CC admin. However, since MBM is no longer being updated, I don't think you will have much luck.

Jim

CF Mark

Administrator
1) I can see all together the 633-RPMs, 633-temps, motherboard temps voltage etc, in MBM dashboard screen on my monitor;
Isnt that what a LCD is for?

2) MBM can monitor them with alarms and eventually hibernate the PC.
CC2 can monitor 631/633/635 temp sensors and shutdown the PC on alarms.

There is a way to send all the 633 readings to MBM or to the lcd screen?
To MBM, no.
MBM as you probably know is now a dead project.
While there is a CC2 plugin for MBM, it can only get info from MBM, not send info to it.
The plugin is also quite difficult to use, and will not be updated.

Can i sugest that you change to using SpeedFan?
Its not as mature as MBM, but it is under development and is supported by CC2.

You can view 631/633/635 temp sensor information in CC2 LCDs.
Ask in the screens forum if you need somthing specific.

If so, any screen written for a 631 will work for a 633. Also, you can take one written for a 4-line display and simply edit to 2 screen files and change the extensions to .2002.
Not quite true Jim.
The 631 is 20x2, the 633 is 16x2.
While most 631 screens will work on a 633, some may not appear correctly due to missing that 2 extra cols.
There is also no need to rename files. When loading a screen, just change the extension in the "File Name" box to "*.2002".

jc634

Administrator
Re: Re: CC2, 633 and readings

CrystalControl Admin said:

Not quite true Jim.
The 631 is 20x2, the 633 is 16x2.
While most 631 screens will work on a 633, some may not appear correctly due to missing that 2 extra cols.
There is also no need to rename files. When loading a screen, just change the extension in the "File Name" box to "*.2002".
You are right.:eek: I was thinking 633, equated it to a 631 and of course the 631 immeadiately became a 16 x 2...

Jim

giulioncl

Re: Re: CC2, 633 and readings

CrystalControl Admin said:
Isnt that what a LCD is for?
yes of course, but it's also beautiful to control all the data together on the monitor, for example through MBM dashboard or Serious Samurize. This is my desktop with original 663 NT service + MBM + Samurize.

CC2 can monitor 631/633/635 temp sensors and shutdown the PC on alarms.
What about the alarms? they are sound alarms or whatelse? I have tried the shutdown option (I've set a low max temp for a temp sensor) but the PC don't turn completely off.

MBM as you probably know is now a dead project.
While there is a CC2 plugin for MBM, it can only get info from MBM, not send info to it.
The plugin is also quite difficult to use, and will not be updated.

Can i sugest that you change to using SpeedFan?
Its not as mature as MBM, but it is under development and is supported by CC2.
Yes I know that MBM is no more updated but there are still a lot of motherboard supported and a lot of software; Samurize is an example, but also the famous fan controller MCubed T-Balancer that can also regulate the fan speeds on MBM readings.

I thinks that is premature to stop supporting MBM, there are a lot of people using it, because not all people change the hardware every 2 months.
I used Speedfan before to buy the 633 :) , it has a lot of less features of MBM.

Anyway if you have decided to stop supporting MBM, it would be nice and useful to add some new feature to CC2:

1) sound alarms;
2) run a program on alarm (shutdown/hibernate);
3) an easy way to control all the 633 and Speedfan readings on monitor and on the LCD screen;
4) fan regulation based also on Speedfan temps.

Thanks, I hope my suggestions will be useful.

Giulio