Cant turn LCD off?

nickp8

CrystalControl Admin in CC1 you could turn the lcd off by closing the taskbar application.

It would be handy in future updates to have an option to turn off the LCD or is there a way to turn the LCD off in CC2 that I have missed?

Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

nickp8 said:
CrystalControl Admin in CC1 you could turn the lcd off by closing the taskbar application.

It would be handy in future updates to have an option to turn off the LCD or is there a way to turn the LCD off in CC2 that I have missed?

Thanks.
You`re quite correct, stop CC2, remove from the task tray and the LCD panel is still lit. I`m sure this is only a temporary feature whilst it gets off the ground. It should and probably will be changed in a later update. Nicely pointed out though, Admin/tech needs important info like this I think.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

CF Mark

Administrator
What LCD module?

632 and 634 modules do get turned off on stopping CC2.

631 and 633 modules get reset on the closing of CC2 restoring them to power on defaults.
This has to be done to make sure fan speed controls are at defaults.

Belgarius

This may or may not be what you are looking for, but... I run a 631 here, the blue version, and at night when I don't want to see the LCD, I simply right click the tray icon, and turn the brightness all the way down. Technically, the LCD is still "on", however, I can't see the backlight, so effectively, it's "off".

:D

Belgarius