Can't install CC2

flyboy961

I just got a 635 Display and I can't install the Crystal Control 2 Software. The USB drivers installed just fine and I can use the 635 test application to manipulate the display. However when I try to run the CC2 installer all I get is a blank dos box that comes up for a second. I tried running the program from a command prompt and got the error: "Program too big to fit in memory". I am running Windows XP Pro with 4GB of memory (3.25 GB recognized by windows). I tried re-downloading the program and even found an older version to try. Both give the same error when run. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
What software are you downloading the installer with?
IE6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc?

The installer must be getting corrupted on download somehow...

flyboy961

I've tried downloading with both Firefox 3 RC1 and IE7. I've also tried downloading and running without anti-virus and firewall software.

edit: I just tried downloading the file from my laptop with firefox (ver 2) and I have the same problem.

Last edited:

flyboy961

Well, I tried downloading the program from work and no help. It too fails to start with the same error. Can anyone help?

jc634

Administrator
That wont help Jim, the installer doesnt care if a LCD is connected or not.
np. The problem might be specific to a particular computer. Just wanted to rule that one out. If the same file installs on one computer and not on another, there might be some HW or SW conflict killing the install routine. Not that I have ever heard of anyone having this kind of problem...:confused:

flyboy961

Fixed

I was downloading from the sticky at the top of the CyrstalControl2 forum. I downloaded and then attempted to install on three separate computers (home, laptop, and my computer at work) all had the same problem. The link you just posted worked fine, so hopefully I'm all set. Thanks for your help. :)

CF Mark

Administrator
I was downloading from the sticky at the top of the CyrstalControl2 forum. I downloaded and then attempted to install on three separate computers (home, laptop, and my computer at work) all had the same problem. The link you just posted worked fine, so hopefully I'm all set. Thanks for your help. :)
But its the same link... i just copy & pasted it in here.
Very weird :confused:

Oh well, good to hear youve got it working now.