Bugs With 635 & CC2

madmat

For some reason on certain screens such as animated screens and the jc_CPU_Marquee screens the icons are not being displayed. Instead I'm seeing
[E01]
[E01]

everywhere there's supposed to be an icon. Any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
Simply means that CC2 cannot find the required gif file. I set the screens to look for the files in the directory C:\gifs. Make sure that the required gif file is in this directory.

Of course, it is always possible that I screwed up and wrote the screen file to look elsewhere...:p

But since I never make mistakes...:rolleyes:

Jim

jc634

Administrator
Make it and copy the gif files to this folder.

CC2 does not make this directory. Or move/copy the gifs to it.

CC2 is kind of brainless in this regard.:)

madmat

Where in the world are the gifs at? I just looked in the CC2 dir. and there are zero gifs there...

Now if you'd be so kind as to email them to me perhaps...

madmat (@) gmail (dot) com

madmat

I will only get it if you add me to your buddy list and I add you. Stupid Trillian doesn't have an "Allow messages from unknown users" setting.

I did as you said with the gifs. dir. and there are a buncha gifs that are not in those zip files. I put every gif in them in that dir and I still have screens that aren't working.

A little help?

jc634

Administrator
Well, I went thru my gif directory and zipped up all the gifs I have there.

There is always a possibility that a couple of the gifs in the Users Screens Forum might not be there, but this should be 99% plus some extras.

Dump 'em into your gifs directory. I can't remember, but you might need to restart CC2.

Let me know how it goes.

Jim

Attachments

madmat

You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks!!

That cured my ills alright. Now if I could figure out not to make my fans not pulse I'll be all set!

jc634

Administrator
madmat said:
You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks!!

That cured my ills alright. Now if I could figure out not to make my fans not pulse I'll be all set!
np.

And..

I take you have a scab w/LED fans? You're stuck. The SCAB is a PWM controller which means your fans will pulse. I have a couple; 1 up front and it pulses. It's doesn't bother me, tho, since it is a "constant" pulse.

Jim

madmat

The LED fans don't bother me, what's driving me crazy is my 120x38MM AFB1212VHE Delta is now making a "knocking" sound at 9% speed that's louder than my PC ever was.

jc634

Administrator
Ugh. Delta. They came with my Swiftech rad. They are quite loud to begin with and they simply don't like PWM at all!

Replaced them with a pair of Scythe S-FLEX's. Quiet, almost same CFM as the Deltas, and they aren't bothered by PWM.

Jim

CF Tech

Administrator
madmat said:
. . . at 9% speed . . .
From the SCAB data sheet:
. . . We tested the CFA-631 and CFA-635 LCD modules in conjunction with the SCAB with a large range of fans and had good results. However, you are responsible for determining if the control and monitoring methods employed by the LCD module are acceptable for your application. In particular, if a fan's power is set too low, it may stall or fail to start, providing no cooling. Using a PWM to control fan speed is generally accepted; however we make no claims that it is compatible with any particular fan or that it does not affect the lifetime of the fans. Some higher torque fans (especially the ballbearing models) may click, buzz, or growl at low power settings due to the torque in the fan going from positive to negative in each PWM cycle. If you limit the power setting to 0% or 100% there should be no compatibility issues. We do not recommend operating a fan below 20% PWM duty cycle for an extended period of time. Limiting the minimum PWM duty cycle to 30% or 40% should reduce the mechanical and electrical stresses in the fan, avoiding premature failure . . .

madmat

At 40% speed the Delta surges and creates quite the racket. At 9% it's moving as much air as it had been with my PC Mods 4 port rheobus at about 25% on the knob.

I'm between a rock and a hard place with this one. The Delta is my only case exhaust aside from the fan in my PSU and I really don't need my case running in a negative pressure setting...I'm attempting to keep the air movement as neutral as possible.

jc634

Administrator
As I said before, Delta's don't seem to like PWM. My suggestion would be to get a quiet fan like a Yate Loon, Nexus, or Scythe. The Scythe works well with PWM. My case fans, I believe are OEM versions of Yate Loons, which also work well with PWM.

I assume the Delta is high CFM fan? With one of the other fans above, you would be able to run at higher power level, with a CFM level near the Delta, and probably be quieter.

Anyway, my opinion, FWIW.

Jim

madmat

It's not a terribly high CFM fan, no 200CFM version by any means. I think it's about 120CFM or so.

It's just loud as heck. I've had an NMB 120mm that was rated at 130CFM that was nowhere near as loud at full tilt. I dunno.