BlueTooth?

atmear

Greetings All!

I had an idea the other day and was hoping I could get some feedback from you all.

Wouldn't it be kewl if you could have your secondary display; be wireless.

In other words, in stead of dealing with usb or serial, have it be bluetooth. I realize you would still have to plug it in, but it is an idea worth looking into to.

If anyone has any bluetooth experience, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CRT_Leech

I remember seeing a USB Bluetooth device somewhere, so, you could get two of those, using one in the computer and one in your target “box” with the LCD and a battery supply, for a completely wireless application. =)

I don’t know if this will actually work, if the USB Bluetooth adapters auto-connect to each other and do straight data transfers, but, I think they do.

Good luck,
CRT_Leech

timid1

CRT_Leech said:
I remember seeing a USB Bluetooth device somewhere, so, you could get two of those, using one in the computer and one in your target “box” with the LCD and a battery supply, for a completely wireless application. =)

I don’t know if this will actually work, if the USB Bluetooth adapters auto-connect to each other and do straight data transfers, but, I think they do.

Good luck,
CRT_Leech
I just got a bluetooth adapter and a HP iPaq 5455 with Bluetooth. There's a lot of configuration issues; I don't think that bluetooth would be a feasible option for the LCDs. Since CF came up with a USB version of the LCD, cable management isn't a problem anymore. My problem is the rat's nest that my three hard drives, two optical drives, and media card reader (w/ IEEE-1394) creates. Thank god for split loom!