Big Nums

DrinkyFish

Is it possible to use the Bignums DLL from an external program, ie my program written in VB6.

Can you help me out?? I understand that this may not be possible.

Thanks

Tim
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

DrinkyFish said:
Is it possible to use the Bignums DLL from an external program, ie my program written in VB6.

Can you help me out?? I understand that this may not be possible.

Thanks

Tim
A) Do you mean that the VB6 program feeds the data to bignum program to so it's displayed by CC2...

or;

B) A VB6 program uses bignum for something else...

I'm NO programer....

A) There is a sample plugin for CC2 that comes with it, it's in C, but may help you, not sure... it will read data from a textfile that can be displayed in CC2. Bignums works only with numbers so you'd have to make a few changes to the sample sdk file to pass a number from a textfile onto Bignums that will then display it on the display. Or maybe just some of the info in the sdk might point you in the right direction...
Or there is another plugin called cc2_process.dll, it can read a specific bit of data from a running .exe file. Have a look at cc2_process.ini in the \Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-service\plugin_info directory and if that makes sense to you that may be an easier way. You could then read the data with cc2_process into CC2, and cc2_bignums could display it on the screen.

B) I have no idea.