Anyone else?

jc634

Administrator
Ok,

There are my customized screens. Anyone else have any good ones?

Jim
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

Here is an example of where I was playing around with the custom character plugin. The CClogo example screen shows how you can use the 8 custom characters to make a fixed symbol. This screen uses 5 custom characters to make a little animation.
This little example might help get some of the creative juices flowing.
Not fancey by any regard.
;)

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
daks,

Since I can't remember, do you use Outlook or another program. I haven't used the email routine, because it locked out Outlook from getting email.

Do the current routines work now?

Jim

daks001

jc634 said:
daks,

Since I can't remember, do you use Outlook or another program. I haven't used the email routine, because it locked out Outlook from getting email.

Do the current routines work now?

Jim
Yeah I use Outlook, The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes you have to wait for the e-mail system to check a couple of times to get all of the e-mail information besides the #. As I'm typing this I just had it read back a test message I sent to myself and it was the second login and check before the subj etc comes up. I also just re-started it and no issues....

Monitoring my raw data going through my ethernet with Ethereal and now notice that the rest of the data comes up after the QUIT command goes to the server (a minute or two after it receives the actual data). I'm going to play with this for a while and see if I can find a "magic combination" that can cause the e-mail system to not unload.

jc634

Administrator
daks001 said:

Monitoring my raw data going through my ethernet with Ethereal and now notice that the rest of the data comes up after the QUIT command goes to the server (a minute or two after it receives the actual data). I'm going to play with this for a while and see if I can find a "magic combination" that can cause the e-mail system to not unload.
What QUIT are you referring to? In Outlook or CC2? Hopefully, it would be CC2 as that might give CC admin something to think about...

Jim

reider

daks001 said:
Here is an example of where I was playing around with the custom character plugin. The CClogo example screen shows how you can use the 8 custom characters to make a fixed symbol. This screen uses 5 custom characters to make a little animation.
This little example might help get some of the creative juices flowing.
Not fancey by any regard.
;)
Thats looking cool, nice going Daks. Don`t play it down, you have achieved in coding what a .gif graphic produces, no mean feat at all. I wonder if CrystalFontz Admin/Tech would be kind enough to point out if there is any rough equivelant to an addition in this edited section though

[r00-i00]
length=20
id=@01

Namely, in the section above would their be any way to get an IF THEN STEP(or ELSE) statement (or similar) so that i00=i00+1 maybe with a DIM statement of say (20). So, on the first pass i=oo, 2nd pass i=01, 3rd pass i=02 and so on. Pushing my luck here.....

Thus, I think you`ll see running man becomes long distance running man. Daks might work on the pole vault and long jump later. Seriously, this is an experiment but may help in other screens later. Not asking for myself, but Daks may like to play with it some more with this added info, still your baby mate.

EDIT: Scratch the above request and see the next post.....

Steve

Last edited:

reider

Daks, please-just for a laugh-try this change mate..... just add this at the end of your code, save it and try the screen.

alt_delay=5000

[r00-i01]
length=20
id=@01

The full code (still yours-I just added to it-then becomes the following. New code as below :) ROFL

[pre]
rows=2
cols=20

[from00]
from="cc2_cchar.ini"
sec="cset#"
opt01="id=@01"
opt02="cust_char=0"
opt03="anim_speed=400"
opt04="chr0_line0=-888--"
opt05="chr0_line1=-888--"
opt06="chr0_line2=--8---"
opt07="chr0_line3=-888--"
opt08="chr0_line4=8-8-8-"
opt09="chr0_line5=--8---"
opt10="chr0_line6=-8-8--"
opt11="chr0_line7=8---8-"
opt12="chr1_line0=-888--"
opt13="chr1_line1=-888--"
opt14="chr1_line2=--8---"
opt15="chr1_line3=-8888-"
opt16="chr1_line4=8-8---"
opt17="chr1_line5=--8---"
opt18="chr1_line6=-8-8--"
opt19="chr1_line7=8--8--"
opt20="chr2_line0=-888--"
opt21="chr2_line1=-888--"
opt22="chr2_line2=--8---"
opt23="chr2_line3=8888--"
opt24="chr2_line4=--8-8-"
opt25="chr2_line5=--8---"
opt26="chr2_line6=88-8--"
opt27="chr2_line7=---8--"
opt28="chr3_line0=-888--"
opt29="chr3_line1=-888--"
opt30="chr3_line2=--8---"
opt31="chr3_line3=8888--"
opt32="chr3_line4=--88--"
opt33="chr3_line5=--8---"
opt34="chr3_line6=--88--"
opt35="chr3_line7=-8--8-"
opt36="chr3_line0=-888--"
opt37="chr3_line1=-888--"
opt38="chr3_line2=--8---"
opt39="chr3_line3=88888-"
opt40="chr3_line4=--8---"
opt41="chr3_line5=--88--"
opt42="chr3_line6=-8--8-"
opt43="chr3_line7=------"

[screen]
screen_name="Running Man"
options=0
alt_delay=5000

[r00]
options=1
scroll_speed=250

[r00-i00]
length=20
id=@01

alt_delay=5000

[r00-i01]
length=20
id=@01

jc634

Administrator
reider,

Ok, just got done with running man (daks) and running man (reider).

Very nice:D !

Now, how do you get it to go from left to right?

And how do you get it to have one on the left, one on the right, and then meet in the middle:D :D !

Jim

reider

jc634 said:
reider,

Ok, just got done with running man (daks) and running man (reider).

Very nice:D !

Now, how do you get it to go from left to right?

And how do you get it to have one on the left, one on the right, and then meet in the middle:D :D !

Jim
That sounds like a challenge, right Daks back to you mate-your turn heh heh! Might try it for a laugh though..... Thx Jum

Steve

jc634

Administrator
reider and daks,

Just a suggestion, it might be nice to add new threads with just your screens attached, just for easy access to the screens vs. trying to sift thru each thread for new screens.

That way, each screen could be discussed in its own thread.

FWIW:)

Jim

reider

Did mine earlier today Jim, the running man still belongs to Daks. I just added some further input (flashback to some BASIC), Daks did all the hard slog. Mine was just a bit of fun but might help in other screens in the future. Thats what I did when I pinched (Ahem-borrowed the text input boxes from CC).

Seriously suggest you add both running men though Daks. The Static and the Marathon man, just give us a mention-that`ll do n Jim tested it too (team work at its best).

Steve

daks001

reider said:
Daks, please-just for a laugh-try this change mate..... just add this at the end of your code, save it and try the screen.

Neat! :D

Now you know why it's not my code, I consider it public domain so it can do nothing but get better and we all win!

daks001

reider said:

Seriously suggest you add both running men though Daks. The Static and the Marathon man, just give us a mention-that`ll do n Jim tested it too (team work at its best).

Steve
Since a team needs more than one person, we can't have just one person on the screen! Just extending the idea a little further...
;)

Attachments

reider

daks001 said:
Since a team needs more than one person, we can't have just one person on the screen! Just extending the idea a little further...
;)
Very good, but what we really need is a relay team, this should do the trick..... heh heh!

Steve

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
daks,

You are right. Most of my screens are just minor modifications of CC admins. LET IT BE KNOW HERE:D that my screen code is Public Domain. Use it, abuse it, modify it as desired!

I simply wanted to change the code to make the screens look the way I wanted them to on my LCD's.

Currently, I have a lot of redundancy between my 631 and 634. I would like to change that over time. For example, I might like to use my 631 to display WMP stats, once CC admin finishes the programming. Or maybe more graphics?

Speaking of graphics, maybe we could start a thread on GIF files that display well on our (mostly yours!) showgif screens?

Jim

jc634

Administrator
daks and reider,

Me thinks you 2 have a contest going on!

Who will outdo who (or whom) or whatever!:D :D

Jim

reider

jc634 said:
daks and reider,

Me thinks you 2 have a contest going on!

Who will outdo who (or whom) or whatever!:D :D

Jim
Hey, don`t come the innocent-you started this..... heh heh! Just a bit of good old fashioned fun! We also get to learn whilst doing so, now if someone ahem, cough should accidentally drop in a button screen we could really have some fun chopping the code up.

Now, how are we gonna do the high jump??? Might need a 634 for that. I swear my man talks too, but could be my imagination-it is 2.20am afterall!

Steve