adjust contrast 632 kit

macnastee

I bought the 632 16 X 2 display. It was working fine with Smartie and then all of a sudden I get black boxes in all the fields. I know it must be the contrast because at different angles I can actually see the text. I don't see anyway to adjust the contrast. By the way I bought the kit version with bracket and serial cable. So I don't think it could be cabling.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

macnastee

contrast adjusting

I run wintest andf adjust the contrast and it looks good. I then run LCD Smartie and I get the black boxes across the LCD. I rerun wintest and adjust the contrast looks good, but when I run smartie I get the boxes. Also this is on a Win XP box.

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
It pretty much has to be a problem in LCD Smartie. Can you contact the author of LCD Smartie?

macnastee

adjusting contrast

I finally got it to work by uninstalling all my drivers, reinstalling Port95NT and LCD Driver 1.2. I am now able to run it corretly. I had initiallt uninstalled the port95nt because elsewhere in thee forum I saw messages saying you didn't need it for WIN XP. I don't know why this fixed it, but at this point I don't care. I LOVE THIS FRIGGING THING. I think I'll try one of your graphic displays next. Thanks for your assisatnce.:D