635 pixel "leaks"

CornPopz

This is a problem that just recently started happening to my LCD. Unfortunately, I am not sure what exactly is causing it, since I first noticed it after I changed cases (had to re-install the LCD) and upgraded to the newest version of CC2. Originally, when I turned on my computer, the LCD wouldn't turn on even though it was connected to the USB header on my motherboard. I found that plugging in the power cable to the SCAB fixed this (no fans are hooked up this time), but then noticed that when CC2 was running and I had a screen displayed, the pixels on the display would slowly turn a faint white in color. I've posted pictures of this.

"fs.jpg" shows the display showing its built-in screen. No problems here.

"fs 003.jpg" shows the display when CC2 is turned on. Notice the odd faint white pixels behind the text. I thought this was a backlight problem or something at first, but when the CC2 first starts, this whiteness isn't there-- it slowly fades in after a couple seconds.

Any ideas as to what this might be? I double-checked my USB cable and everything seems to be hooked up correctly. Could it be interference along the cable? Or do I need to have a load plugged into the SCAB? Anything ideas would help :)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

CF Tech

Administrator
My first guess is that the voltage supplied to the LCD is not real stable. Try adjusting the contrast in CC2 once things have "settled down". Let us know what happens.

CornPopz

Contrast doesn't seem to help it. I'm hooking the LCD up to the same motherboard via the same cable that worked last time, I'm pretty stumped as to why my LCD is suddenly doing this to me. One thing I did notice is that the errant faint white pixels seem to be related to what is being displayed on the screen, as in, if I have a bar graph on the screen, the row of pixels below the bar graph gets a faint whiteness. Another interesting thing is that the empty characters on bar graphs display normally, as in the pixels are just blue from the backlighting, no weird whiteness (see attached picture).

Attachments

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad