634tmcku/k7s5a

MCelotto

I just hooked my 634USB display to my K7S5A motherboard but I must be doing something wrong. When I turn the computer on, I don't get any display, nothing lights up. I have WindowsXP, when I go into XP, it told me I had new hardware, and now I can't find anything new. I have an onboard USB connector (for a front panel USB slot). The connections are:

Pin# Signal Name
1 VERG_FP_USBPWR0
3 USB_FP_P0-
5 USB_FP_P0+
7 GROUND
9 KEY

the same goes for 2-10 but 10 is labeled USB_FP_OC0

I hooked the connectors from the USB cable to the following:

+5V PIN 1
-D PIN 3
+D PIN 5
GROUND PIN 7

I also tried the connectors on pints 2,4,6,8 I don't think I have to turn on this USB Panel (do I?)

Is the LCD Supposed to light up when the computer is powered on? I've tried it on 2 different computers and I get nothing on both of them.

________
herbal vaporizer
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

MCelotto

Also there are 2 switches on the back of the display labeled 1 and 2 and they are both set to on, is this the proper setting. Any help with this would be greately appreciated. I thought it was take the display out of the package and plug it in, but something isn't set right.

Thanks
________
extreme q vaporizer

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
It wont do anything until the USB drivers are installed.

Both switches need to be left in the on position.

MCelotto

Ok, I've tried installing the drivers but for some reason it won't find anything. I'm using Windows XP. I've gone to add new hardware but it won't find any new hardware and the board is plugged in. But I don't know if I'm installing the driver right. It won't let me select any devices to make them the virtual com port
________
VN1600D

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
When you plug the LCD in, windows should ask you for the drivers.
You then point windows to the drivers you installed.

The LCD should then light up.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

MCelotto

I plugged it in, and one time Windows said new hardware found but then disappeared without a wizard or anything. I have the LCD disconnected right now. Am I supposed to get the drivers set up 1st or connect the LCD and then go to the drivers? I've plugged and unplugged it I don't know how many times and windows won't detect it anymore or anything. I don't think there is anything wrong with my motherboard, I've never tired the USB1 (front pannel connection) until I got the LCD.

ARRRGGGHHHH! :)
________
volcano classic vaporizer

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok.
Plug in the LCD.

Look in the device manager.
Where does the LCD appear?

When everything is installed ok, itll show under Ports as somthing like "Crystalfontz CFA634-USB" and also under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" as "Crystalfontz CFA634-USB Host Controller"

CF Support

Administrator
If you're using the USB motherboard cable, and it's trying to install but not giving you the hardware install wizard, swap the D+ and D- lines (not power and ground) to the motherboard. You've got power and ground correct, and windows recognizes that something's out there, but it's not sure what, as the data lines are crossed up.

Let me know how it works out for ya.

MCelotto

Ok hooked up the LCD and checked the device manager and it doesn't show up at all. Switched the D+ D- connections and still nothing. If I order a serial connection will it work with this display as well because I'm getting a little frustrated.

:confused:

Can I send it back so you guys can check if it's fried or something is wrong with it? Maybe something happened when windows detected it and then disappeared (it showed up for a split second and then disappeared (the new hardware detected prompt in the notification tray))
________
herbal vaporizers

Last edited: