634 wont display

rnichols430

My 634 Serial wont display any text, but the backlight is on when the crystalcontrol software is loaded.. I cant get anything to display on it..
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

rnichols430 said:
My 634 Serial wont display any text, but the backlight is on when the crystalcontrol software is loaded.. I cant get anything to display on it..
Try setting the contrast/brightness to a 75%/75% ratio and see if this makes a difference, please. Use the task tray icon to do a quick check, but use configure to set it properly, restart CC2 and lets see where you`re up to then.

Steve

rnichols430

No good, I can goto like Com2, then back to com1 and press the Test Settings and it works for one test and then it wont display anything..

reider

It could be a stab in the dark here, but when you mention 'test settings' it sounds like you have 634 wintest installed. You can`t run that and CC2 on the same com port at the same time. Run Wintest, find the port, check the baud rate is set to 19,200, make sure its working ok, then close it down. Open CC2, configure for the correct port and away you go.

If that doesn`t solve it then CC Tech will address the problem, don`t worry. It will get sorted.

Steve

rnichols430

Earlier I was using the regular CrystalControl.. then I switched to the CrystalControl2 to see if that would work.. It didnt .. same old thing.. its just odd..

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Tech

Administrator
What cable are you using? Did you purchase it from Crystalfontz?

Can you try it on another PC?

I guess if all else fails, we can arrange an RMA. It might have been damaged.

rnichols430

I've got it hooked up, it displays the splash screen thing, then goes to a blinking square in the top left corner.. Any ideas?!?

rnichols430

Yea, so its broke, its got to be the com port. If I use a USB to COM adapter on it and it works. but if I put it back to the hard com port on the machine it does that. I have no idea as to whats on that Com1.. Is there a util or something that I can run that tells you want has a 'lock' on the com port?