634 USB Help

Random Digits

I'm new to the LCD club so please bear with me (I have always used Coolmon in the past). I orderd the 634 USB .v2 external lcd. My problem is, i continualy get "com x init fail" no matter what port i try and use. Initaly i had no com/parallel ports even enabled on my mobo (i had no use for them). So i enabled com 1. Problem still exits. Also every time i have to reboot the usb driver never starts right. I keep getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10)", which in turn the com driver is never found. On the rare occasion that i do get it to work, i get the above problem "com init fail". I have deleted and reinstalled many times (followed by reboots). I am using XP Pro with a SOYO KT333 Platinum board, are there any specific services that need to be running for this to work? BTW, yes i followed the directions. Please help. I really hope that i didn't waste $100+ on a paperweight.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Random Digits

FIXED

Well i got it figured out. Aparently the lcd does not like to be linked to a usb through a bus. I had it linked through my Hercules Game Theater XP breakout box usb port. As soon as i hooked it up to a port linked directly to my mobo, BAM! Worked like a charm. Now the only thing i am wondering is whether or not there would be a differance between usb 1.1 and 2.0, as my breakout box is only 1.1 compatible and my lcd is now utilizing a 2.0 port. I guess further testing will reveal my own conclusions.

Cheers.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad