634 USB drivers fail to initialize

ijdod

I have a problem with the USB drivers not initializing properly at XP startup. I use the 2134 drivers.

When this occurs, quite frequently, the backlight flashes on for a short while (less than a second) when the driver is loaded, then goes dark again. The XP device manager it tells me that the driver failed to initialize. Disabling/enabling the device again gives me the short on/off, but nothing more. If I remove the device by pressing delete, and scan for new devices, the 634 is found, drivers are (re)installed, and it works again. I have the 634 connected to the on-board USB headers of my Asus P4C800-E deluxe mainboard.

Is there a solution for this?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Maxprime

I'd like to add you don't have to uninstall the device, just disable it then re-enable it - much quicker process.

ijdod

Unfortunately, it doesn't...

ijdod said:
Disabling/enabling the device again gives me the short on/off, but nothing more.
A BIOS update further, and so far things seem to be running as they should now. (fingers crossed).

ijdod

Bios update did not solve the problem. Disable/Enable does seem to work now, although it has to be repeated a few times on occasion.

A friend of mine, with an identical system (same hardware & OS) does not have these problems.