634 USB Conflict With Video Drivers?

ranger235

Howdy'all:

I've had a 634 USB screen running in my machine with CrystalControl for a few months now without a single glitch - until I installed an AIW Radeon 9800 Pro last week. I couldn't load any games or play any video without the computer crashing and doing a restart.

I narrowed the problem down to the CrystalContol program and drivers - once they're removed everything works great - reinstall them and it all goes to sh*t again. Is there a known problem with ATI's Catalyst drivers and the LCD screens?

I tried intalling the new drivers found here http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/USB/Crystalfontz_USB_Drivers.zip as well as the newer version of CrystalControl found here http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/cc/files/cfcc-102.exe but the same thing happens. Is there another version somewhere I can try? What about other software/drivers - what works good?

My system is:

A7V333R mobo
Athlon XP 2400+
512mb Corsair pc3200
Enermax 550watt psu
ATI AIW Radeon 9800 Pro
Audigy Platinum sound card
40gb Maxtor + 80 gb Western Digital HDD's
Sony 48x24x48 burner

Windows XP Pro SP1

Thanks - Any help is greatly appreciated!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
Some stabs in the dark:

Change the USB port you're using,
Change the com port you've assigned the LCD to
Try an external USB Hub

Sweet video card you got, but there's really no reason why there should be a hardware conflict in completely unrelated arenas.

ranger235

Wow - thanks for the fast reply! I plugged the unit into one of my USB 2.0 ports - usb drivers didn't seem to be bothering the video card anymore, but CrystalControl still crashed the system when I installed it. I then tried jaLCDs - works great now! I hate the interface and would much prefer the CC version, but it just don't seem to like my system. I know you're working on CC version 2.0 and it will be out when it's out, but I'm really looking forward to seeing if it will work better for me! Thanks.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad