634 USB Boot Screen

Greg J

Hi
I am using the CFA-634 USB V2.4 for a embedded system and I require the boot screen to turn on at power up.

On a Intel DN-2800 SBC the boot screen appears on power up, but on the AxiomTek board we are using the boot screen will appear only when the O/S has been started.

There is 5V on the USB power supply pins.

I have tried to just power the display with 5v and the USB data pins floating and the screen is blank , so it appears that the AiomTek board leaves the USB data pins floating until the O/S is up

Any suggestions to get the boot screen to be on before the O/S starts ?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
The USB CFA634 is behaving the way it's designed to. Our USB interface waits for the OS to give the proper signal that it's okay for the device to go ahead an power up which follows proper USB protocol. It is possible to modify the USB daughter board to keep the unit powered, but the modification should be done prior to daughter board being mounted to the module. It involves removing a FET, which acts like a switch, and putting in a 0Ω jumper across the drain / gate.

Greg J

The USB CFA634 is behaving the way it's designed to. Our USB interface waits for the OS to give the proper signal that it's okay for the device to go ahead an power up which follows proper USB protocol. It is possible to modify the USB daughter board to keep the unit powered, but the modification should be done prior to daughter board being mounted to the module. It involves removing a FET, which acts like a switch, and putting in a 0Ω jumper across the drain / gate.
Thanks for your reply. Can you give the details on the FET location and we will modify the boards. Is it possible for future orders to get a build with out the FET installed.

CF Support2

Administrator
Greg:

Shoot an email to support@crystalfontz.com referencing this thread. I'll get you the information on making the modification and get the process rolling for setting up a Defined Part (DP) number for you so that you can order the module modified.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad