634 USB+ASUS P4C800 Deluxe

THE_PATRIOT

Hello, I am new to the forums, and I'd like to know if anyone knows how to connect the LCD to the internal USB's of this motherboard.

I'd be very useful some kind of photo.

Thank you very much, Best, Mario
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Does the motherboard have internal USB connectors?

Look in the motherboard manual, it'll show where the internal USB connectors are, and the poin out.
Simply match what written on the LCD wire pins, to the pins on the motherboard.

THE_PATRIOT

Hello.

Thanks for the quick answer. It obviously has internal USB connectors, the problem is that names don't coincide.

Thank you, Mario

THE_PATRIOT

From left to right:

USB+5V/USB_P5/USB_P5+/Ground

I think this the right place to connect it, because it only has 4 connectors, as the LCD Display USB Cable.

Thank you for your support, Best, Mario

CF Mark

Administrator
From the manual, its:

USB+5V/USB_P5-/USB_P5+/Ground

You missed the "-"... that makes things more obvious.

USB+5V -> +5V
USB_P5- -> -D
USB_P5+ -> +D
Ground -> GND

CF Tech

Administrator
Try this:

USB+5V to +5v

USB_P5 to -D

USB_P5+ to +D

Ground to GROUND

You must get the power (+5v) and ground right. If you mix these up you can fry the LCD or motherboard's USB.

Switching the +D and -D will not damage anything (although it will not work if they are wrong).

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

THE_PATRIOT

Ok thanks CF Tech.

Thanks for the info, but I already installed it;)

It is astonishing, I can't say anything more about it, simply KICK-ASS.

Thank you for your support, BEST, Mario

Octane

I have a "big" problem with an Asus PC-DL deluxe (that's a dual xeon P4C800 deluxe in fact).

even with the wiring done as said a bit higher it doesnt work at all, the lcd display does not light up :/
i have a 631 and a 634 and i have the same problem on the two.
Any known problem with PCDL ?
what could be wrong?

thx :)

Octane

forgot to say that the two internal usb port are usb2 and have 8 pins, i just used 4 in a row for one display.

Octane

well found by myself it seems :)
i didn't know the display would only start with driver installed (my system is completely new) , i was thinking that it would show a default boot screen or something with power on :)

CF Tech

Administrator
Sorry for not getting back more quickly.

The USB bus "manages" power, the USB devices are not allowed to draw power until the OS initializes the USB and decides which devices it has power for. It then authorizes them to draw power.

The end result is that the display does not come on until the driver loads . . . kinda like you said :)

Octane

Thx for the information!
at one moment i really thought my 2 lcds were dead! but now it works flawlessly ;)

Octane

Sorry for reviving this topic but i have a serious problem with my PCDL-Deluxe.

It went back to the store for another problem, and now if i plug any of my 2 lcds, the card wont boot !
It get stuck at detecting ram ...

Very strange and i have absolutely no idea why, is it possible that my power supply is too weak and the lcd are sucking too much power or something like that?

Should i try connecting them with another cable to the outside of the pc (using regular usb plug, i have keyboard and mice on it and it works) ?

Btw what are the screw used to mount the 634 bracket on the tower ? because i tried all that i had available, and noone worked