634 Parallele + temp question

$pit|3all

So ive got a 634 with a parallele connection.
my gpu does not have an onboard temp sensor, nether my both raid sata maxtor drives, of witch I would like 2 know the temp. of.

My question, can i connect 3 external temp sensor ( with wire ) to my display?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The CFA-634 does not support temperature sensors connected to it.

By using software, you should be able to read the temperature sensors built into your motherboard and display them on the CFA-634.

(By the way, there must be some confusion in your post, since there is not a "parallel" CFA-634.)

$pit|3all

well i have a parallel kabel from my lcd 2 my LPT1 port. ( the printer port )
The power goes through a usb cable.

I had the driversoftware and a litle tool from http://www.jalcds.de/files.php

So if my gpu does not have a temp sensor onboard, i cannot display that temp through a extended homemade temp sensor..??

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Mark

Administrator
The LCD in those photos is not a 634.

Its a HD44780 of some type with an extra PCB on the back for easy printer port and power connection.

$pit|3all

k, so i CAN or cant use crystal control 2?
I tried with HD44780 as standaard and nothing happens.
just an empty lcd

reider

$pit|3all said:
k, so i CAN or cant use crystal control 2?
I tried with HD44780 as standaard and nothing happens.
just an empty lcd
Perhaps, with the greatest of respect, it is time once and for all to first determine exactly what the module is-not what it isn`t. Then and only then can you determine wether to use commercial programs, personal programs or a custom set.

This is the only way you will achieve the end result. CC Tech/Admin will correct me if I`m wrong. I hope this helps, perhaps you need to go back to the source of supply and ask what model/type it is.

Steve