634 nonsense!

phatfish

I have a serial 634 display running in win2k. When I use wintest everything looks ok at first. Screen lights up with logo then goes to a cursor. However if I try to type anything, adjust the brightness or use the scrolling banner I get nonsensical characters. I received similar problems with Crystal control. Any help out there?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Knight

Have you checked the baud rate of the display? Check the dip switches on the back of the display. If you turn it around, where you can read the silk screen on the back of the screen, the two switches to the upper right of the screen should both be in the up position to work with those software programs.

Let me know if that fixs it.

CF Mark

Administrator
Knight said:
Have you checked the baud rate of the display? Check the dip switches on the back of the display. If you turn it around, where you can read the silk screen on the back of the screen, the two switches to the upper right of the screen should both be in the up position to work with those software programs.
Let me know if that fixs it.
Not quite correct...

The baud rate selected using the dip switches on the back of the 634 or 632 must match the settings used in either WinTest or CrystalControl.

They dont both have to be on (up position) for the software to work.

Look here for a guide on how to set the serial module up:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/cc/guides/setup-serial.htm
It covers this.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad