634 in a watertight enclosure

superMAC

Watertight LCD enclosure *With Pictures*

I am looking for a watertight enclosure for either a 634 0r 633 display.

Can anyone help?

Any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

superMAC

Here is the Back View

It's not 100% Glamorous but should be very watertight.

I must admit, it took some balls to pour black epoxy all over my $55 display, but hey, it still works! The connector is not protected, but I am going to put dielectric grease in the connector so it does not corrode.

FYI, On my grad student budget 55$ is over half a weeks income!

Now you are asking why waterproof? Well, I race a Limited Sport Class Sea-Doo HX. Picture to follow.

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
Looks great. Can you give us some details? Is there glass over the display? What is the case made of?

I like the bar graph tach. Here is a layout suggestion:

Engine speed: xxxx RPM
[====bar graph====] <<<< use thick bar
Trim: xxxx degrees
[-------bar graph-------] <<<< use thin bar

Perhaps use the "big numbers" if you are bouncing a lot :)

For some reason I think this is for a personal watercraft. Is that right?

superMAC

The Sea DOO

Forgot to mention, I cut a 1/8" plexiglass front plate and double sided taped the display onto the front of it. Make sure you butt the tape together well so the epoxy does not ooze into your display area. What you see on the screen is a simple test. I'm still working on the rest of my hardware to get this baby working.

Yes, I plan on using a bargraph exclusively for the trim, I haven't had time to get there yet.

If you want to use my pictures to promote your product, I have more SeaDoos that could use displays! Heck, my PC could use one too.

Thanks for such a cool product.

Oh yes, I would really like a Marquee that could bounce back and forth on a line. L->R and L<-R Maybe even a blurry 2-3 pixel bounce would be cool.

Here is a picture of the Sea-Doo

Attachments

Last edited:

superMAC

FYI, That's not me in the picture

Whoopst, I should have clarified, That is not me, but that is my Ski.

How do you like the MAC fish decals? Notice the Mac-Doo and MacTach. I designed all of the graphics myself and had them custom made out of vinyl.

Just in case you are still wondering, yes my name is Mac, and I have a website that badly needs updating at www.supermac.net.

:)

Last edited:

superMAC

Side View

As you can see, The entire display is only 3/16" thicker than normal.

I also potted some screws in the display to help me mount it. The screw in the top is a flat head, the other two are oval head. I should have used flat for all of it, but when you are dealing with epoxy, time is limited.

The curved shape on the top is so it will fit in the stock mounting location on the Doo.

I plan on placing a single piece of sign grade vinyl on the front so I can mask over the double sided tape on the front of the display and get a cleaner look.

Attachments

superMAC

Another MacTach Picture

Here is another picture with the BasicX24 brain with sensors and servo with preliminary screen.