634 data stream questions

bluebsh

when you use wintest to send the commands like \000 and \001 do they get changed to anything else before they go to the display or do they actually go as ASCII text "\001" and "\000" because when i send just the ascii text for \001 to the display using a program i wrote as just ascii text i get a display on the screen that looks like "ö000" and "ö001" for some reason the \ is now a ö it's like the display doesnt recognize the ascii \ what is going on here?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

bluebsh

even doing this gives the same ö000 instead of what it does in the control listing

mode com3: BAUD=19200 PARITY=N DATA=8 STOP=1
ECHO \000HELLO > COM3

how do you send thoes control characters to the screen? thanks

bluebsh

humm thought i had it working by just sending ascii char's with the 3 number codes to the screen over the com port.. but all i got was garbage on the screen... works fine in wintest though...

Last edited:

bluebsh

after messing around with it i figured out that you have to send char 245 to the screen before any command... why isn't this documented anywhere?

bluebsh

another thing to add... when using char 254 before a data command i get a question mark on the screen for each command... what am i doing wrong here? thanks!

CF Tech

Administrator
The \xxx is just a notation used in the manual and WinTest to indicate a single byte with a value of xxx. For instance a space character is 32 decimal, so you would send \032 in WinTest.

There should be no reason to send "254".

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

bluebsh

well the wierd thing i was using 30 (send data directly to lcd controller) previously, and it wasn't doing anything so i went on search of a code to use by trying all 256 of them excluding the documented ones of course and 254 before one of the codes caused an execution of it, but 30 before did nothing..... I'll have to run a test later on this again

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
I can assure you that there are no undocumented commands in the 632 & 634. Sorry.

The "254" should just be pulling a character from the CGROM.