634 Boot Screen Configuration

TypoSensei

I downloaded CF_Boot_Screen_Beta_0_2.exe and installed the boot screen conf software.

CrystalControl uses COM3, but I'm not sure which "Port" in the boot screen conf that corresponds to. None of the ones I've tried seem to do anything when I "Store all settings to EEPROM" or "Test (Soft Reboot)"

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Xander
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

TypoSensei

So, does no one know, or does no one care? I'm sure someone has tried making a boot screen before, all I need is to be pointed in the right direction.

jc634

Administrator
I'm not an expert on Wintest, but here goes:

Do you have a 634? If not, which display do you have? There are different Wintest's for different LCD's.

Port = Com port. If the LCD is on Com3, then port should be 3.

Let's verify which Wintest you need, then we can get to the Boot Screen stuff.

JC

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Support2

Administrator
When using the 632/634 boot screen editor the port numbers correspond to your COM port number. The baud rate should match that of your CFA634, which is 19200 by default.

After you enter in what you want on the boot screen, click on the update button, that should then update your screen. When you are satisfied with the results, you will want to "uncheck" the ** Auto-Update Display ** at the bottom of the screen before you Store all settings to EEPROM.

Hong

you will want to "uncheck" the ** Auto-Update Display ** at the bottom of the screen before you Store all settings to EEPROM
I struggled a while without success until I searched and found the above tip.