633USB LCD Newbie Help

q_flux

Well I have spent a bit looking for useful information. I have found little to no information on the 633 USB LCD. I had to search for the USB drivers. It took a bit to find the latest and greates drivers. Also a set of good documentation to get you started with a Hello World is missing. I have followed many of the "suggestions previously posted to no avail. The only thing that works is the Wintest, but that doesn't do anything but let's me know my settings are correct and the component is working. Hopefully I will not get flamed but I would, and I am sure newbies that buy your products, will find it helpfull if you set up a thread for just the setting up and getting a hello world using the crystal control application, for the 633 USB LCD. Pretty much a thread that explains how to set up via software that you provide and all the current links to drivers and software without having to hunt it down through the whole forum. I would appreciate any help and feed back on your use and how you got your 633 USB LCD rocking. I for one love the product, but would like to get it working interactively, by that I mean setting it up. Thanks!!!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, as you may have found, the USB drivers are here:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/usb-drivers/

Ill assume your running Win2k/XP so youll also want to get the 633 Service:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/633-service/files/

And CrystalControl:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/cc/

----

First youll need to get the 633 Service running. The 633 Service does all the hard work of monitoring the 633 and adjusting fan speeds.
It comes in two parts, the 633 Service itself which runs as a Windows Service (starts with windows, runs in the background) and the Configuration/Monitoring utility.

Once youve setup the 633 Service (if you need help with this, say so, and ill describe it more), install CrystalControl.
CrystalControl is the software youll then use to display information to the 633's LCD.
Youll need to add the Module, "Crystalfontz 633 (via service)".
You can then add screens and configure those screens to display any information you like (not just the 633 info, but other windows information as well).

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

q_flux

Thank you very much. I will report back at the end of the weekend with more questions if any. I think you covered the essentials I needed. Thank you for the prompt response.

Borisw37

I am having problems starting services. i have win2K. I open up the service manager, set all the settings, but when i click start services, it just gives me a pop up error message saying
"Error,
Could not start Service !"

What do i do?

q_flux

Well I think you have to check if you installed the drivers first. I think that would affect if the service is able to run or not. I would uninstall the service and make sure the right driver is installed and install the service back in again. I might be wrong. Are your permissions for that service set correctly?

CF Mark

Administrator
q_flux said:
Well I think you have to check if you installed the drivers first. I think that would affect if the service is able to run or not. I would uninstall the service and make sure the right driver is installed and install the service back in again. I might be wrong. Are your permissions for that service set correctly?
What drivers?
There isnt any for the 633 unless your running a USB 633.

All 633 Service errors are reported to the Event Manager, so check in there.

Also, manually edit the service INI file which is located in your windows directory and check everything is ok.
The Setup/Monitoring app has been know not to save setting correctly :(