633_wintest stopped working after installing crystalcontrol

jbreffni

I have uninstalled crystalcontrol but wintest still won't communicate with the 633 on com1.

Everything was working fine until i installed crystalcontrol.

Any suggestions?

Jim.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
CC1 or CC2?

Does 633_Wintest complain that it can't open the port?

If so, maybe check the task manager to make sure the service part of CC2 is not still running (or just reboot).

jbreffni

633_Wintest sits there saying "Looking for module..."

Packet debugger shows only outgoing Read Version commands with no replies.

What is the service called in task manager?

Thanks,

Jim.

CF Tech

Administrator
If the module really is on COM1 and 633_WinTest opens COM1, then there are not too many things software-wise that can be wrong. You might try clicking 633_WinTest to the other baud rate, and check your cabling & power to the module.

reider

cc2_Config.exe and cc2_service.exe are the ones to look for in taskmanager (alt-ctrl-del three fingered salute), but as you`ve uninstalled CC2, these should be no problem. My 631 occasionally stops working and will not allow the PC to closedown properly, a simple endjob on these two solves this dilemma.

It sounds like something else is vying for the com port and tying up the module. Also, a look in control panel for a yellow exclamation mark may not go amiss-just to see if you have a problem with the port. Windows may not be releasing the port successfully, thus try a shutdown rather than a restart, give it a few moments and start up again-just see if their is any difference.

If the module is connected internally then all well and good. If connected at the rear then is this direct into the port, have you tried a powered hub? Is it possible to try the module on someone elses machine at all?

This may all seem 'hit and miss' but when a car won`t start it could be plugs, petrol, points or any of a dozen other things-just like this. Ok, so you run on diesel-you get the drift.

Steve

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad