633 Not showing data

ziptree

This is odd and I can't seem to find an answer. I have a 633 serial with Win Vista. I am using Speed Fan. In CC2 configuration I load a Speed Fan Screen (Lets say, Temp 1-2). In the Screen Editor window it shows me the current data (CPU Temp 42 c) and it updates. However the 633 shows (CPU Temp: NA c). Everything else works fine except on any screen that gets its data from speed fan the data does not make it to the LCD but it all reports fine in the Screen Editor. Uninstalled. reinstalled yada yada yada. Nothing. I can't figure it out.
Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I get the same thing here with the latest CC2 public release. It has something to do with the shared memory routines in Vista (sandbox stuff, I think). CCadmin could provide you more technical info on this.

One of "nice" changes implemented in Vista... There is a Beta that "fixes" this.

BTW, this effects only the service and not the editor, as you indicated.

CF Mark

Administrator
Yup, this is one of the things that the new Vista "security" blocks.

The only way to fix this is to run CC2 as a user app instead of as a NT service, which breaks other things (like not starting CC2 on windows start, which is bad if your controlling fans).

The version of CrystalControl2 which had the option to run as a user app has not been released to the public yet.
If you would like it, PM me, and ill give you a link to download it.