633 Lcd

ST0LEN

ok i have CFA633YYBJPE + Black PC Bracket Kit
My questions are:
How do i get those buttons to work?
I have downloaded both 633_WinTest and CrystalControl software, but no matter wich one i use i can't do nothing to it.
I have 3 fans connected to the LCD and i wanted to see the rpm readings.
and other question is is there a way i could turn the backlight on or off. I dont want the backlight of the lcd to be on all time.
Thanx..:)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
633_WinTest should allow you to adjust the fan speeds, backlight level, see the RPM and see the keys pressed.

Can you verify that functionality?

ST0LEN

ok...i see all.
Question about keys. Do they have any assignments or they just indicate that they are pressed?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

garacs1

first post...completely new to LCDs

CF Tech said:
It is just a test program, so it only shows if they are pressed.
I've been reading this forum for a while, and I bought a 633 model complete with bracket some weeks ago.

I managed to use it with CrystalControl fine, it tells me temps with MBM5 and tracks with Winamp, as it should be.

But I bought it, as STOLEN did, to control RPMs of pc fans.

How am I supposed to make them work?

I mean, using the 633_wintest software, I discovered (not reading the forum or tech specifications) that I can directly control fan speed, I can take temp readings (I did not connect any temp sensor yet, don't know how to, but I know I can) and on other posts I learned that I can even torunon and off my pc with the buttons on the LCD front panel - yet soldering wires to the motherboard, someday much probably I'll give it a try.

Nevertheless, I still did not manage to figure out how the buttons really work: through the 633_wintest software, I understand I can only see the buttos when they are pressed and released, but how do I configure them to actually WORK to reduce fan speed? Do I still have to make soldering connections, or can it just control the fan speed via the fan tachimetric 3-pin connections?

Please help me ASAP, going nuts to discover this!

Thank you

Garacs1:confused:

CF Mark

Administrator
Software to drive the 633 is almost ready.
Itll control fan speeds automatically depending on temps, insert temps into MBM and CC, have alarms, etc.

But... the software runs as a NT service, so itll only run under Win2000 and WinXP (not sure about NT4).

When i have it done depends on when i get my new hard-drive... shouldnt be long.

garacs1

thank you for your answer

CrystalControl Admin said:
Software to drive the 633 is almost ready.
Itll control fan speeds automatically depending on temps, insert temps into MBM and CC, have alarms, etc.

But... the software runs as a NT service, so itll only run under Win2000 and WinXP (not sure about NT4).

When i have it done depends on when i get my new hard-drive... shouldnt be long.
Thank you, this is good news:)

But this also means that the keypad is virtually of no use for the moment, right?

I mean, except for the pc switch on-off functions of the green and red check buttons, the arrow buttons do not have any use as far as I can see, at least for the moment. Am I right?

Another thing:

I tried to set the commands of the LCD through the packet debugger og the 633_wintest, with no success at all. How am I supposed to enter the command in the program so to have a certain return answer from the LCD display?

Is there somewhere on the forum a detailed explanation for this?

I mean a step-by-step How-To for programming the display.

Thanks again for your help and patience

Garacs1:)

CF Mark

Administrator
The 633 service passes button presses on to CrystalControl which then control the 633s brightness, and selected screen.
Besides that, the keypad doesnt do much at the moment.

garacs1

Re: thank you for your answer

garacs1 said:
Thank you, this is good news:)

But this also means that the keypad is virtually of no use for the moment, right?

I mean, except for the pc switch on-off functions of the green and red check buttons, the arrow buttons do not have any use as far as I can see, at least for the moment. Am I right?

Another thing:

I tried to set the commands of the LCD through the packet debugger og the 633_wintest, with no success at all. How am I supposed to enter the command in the program so to have a certain return answer from the LCD display?

Is there somewhere on the forum a detailed explanation for this?

I mean a step-by-step How-To for programming the display.

Thanks again for your help and patience

Garacs1:)
I quoted myself again, since I didn't manage to find any instructions on how to set the 633_wintest software...
I did manage to make my 633 show the FAN1 RPMs, but if I configure a module under CrystalControl, the RPMs kep on showing, in the middle of the module info I configured.

There's seems to be something going wrong, isn't it?

How do I clear completely the 633_wintest display?

Please answer asap

Garacs1

CF Mark

Administrator
Re: Re: thank you for your answer

garacs1 said:
I did manage to make my 633 show the FAN1 RPMs, but if I configure a module under CrystalControl, the RPMs kep on showing, in the middle of the module info I configured.
Thanks, thats a bug in CrystalControl ill need to fix.

Youll need to use 633_wintest to remove the live displaying of fan rpm or temps before entering into CrystalControl.

garacs1

Re: Re: Re: thank you for your answer

CrystalControl Admin said:
Thanks, thats a bug in CrystalControl ill need to fix.

Youll need to use 633_wintest to remove the live displaying of fan rpm or temps before entering into CrystalControl.
I was trying to, but do not remember how to...

Can you explain it to me please? A step-by-step how-to

I'd appreciate it...

Thanks in advance

Garacs1