633 and LCDProc?

GreenGene

I was wondering if the 633 with the keypad worked with LCDProc or any similar program under linux/unix?

Its very hard to find any information at all about the 633, infact all I can find from google are links about it on crystalfontz site.

I'd really like to be able to use the keypad/lcd for more than controlling things like fan speed and want to be able to get i/o with my system. I hope this is possible.

Please give me any information available on the possibility of being able to use LCDProc, or any other *nix information in relation to the 633.

Thanks a bunch.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
I think that some of the people who are active authors of LCDproc are working on adding support for the 633.

You might try the LCDproc mailing list.

GreenGene

So you think I'm pretty much SOL then?

I guess I'll try their list, hopefully there'll at least be a beta.

Thanks.

CF Tech

Administrator
Well, it is a new product, and there is not a way to impose a "deadline" on an open source project like LCDproc. We will support efforts to get it added into LCDproc but it may take some time.

In the meantime, the source for 633_WinTest is in C and posted on our site. I do not think it would be too big of a job to port the communications routines over to *nix.

Chuki

Maybe if you email someone who is stating soon to be support for the 633 they may be nice enough to let send you what is done so far so you have a little something to work with, and you can test the software for them.