maddmaxx

Hello fellow techies, I have just installed a 632 and hooked it up and installed the software from the site. Problem is the screen is black. Nada, nothing. I configured the display to run a scrolling message and it sims on my desktop but nothing on screen. It is totally dark. XP Pro OS. It found the hardware but it won't run.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

maddmaxx

USB off the mobo as per this forums instructions. Xp saw it and wanted to install the software but I had to go to your site to get it and then install it.

maddmaxx

Ok. I have it lit up but that's as far as I can get it. It has a blinking cursor top left. Test says it's on com 2 at 1900baud.

H2O fiend

maddmaxx said:
USB off the mobo as per this forums instructions. Xp saw it and wanted to install the software but I had to go to your site to get it and then install it.
Off the wall possibility... it's not being "recognized" and you need to go back into (if Windows XP) the Control Panel-System-Hardware area and reload the drivers?

I had that happen with either the MO one I have installed or the Crystalfontz . . can't remember which one.

CF Tech

Administrator
> I have it lit up

Good news.

> Test says it's on com 2 at 1900baud.

Make sure both of the switches on the back are "ON"--that will set the module's baud rate to 19200. Then typing in Wintest should come out to the display. You will have to unplug & re-plug the USB so the module re-reads the switches, and close and re-open WinTest to reset the host USB driver.

If that does not work, systematically try WinTest on 19200,9600,4800, and 2400.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

maddmaxx

Ok. It's on com3 and now when I start XP I get the welcome screen, version, etc. and then a bunch of characters. I have tried to program it to no avail.

CF Tech

Administrator
Hmmm. I dono. Please call support tomorrow and they can walk you through troubleshooting.