632 USB Problem

airxdata

Alrighty, so... I ordered the 632 USB display a few days ago and it had just arrived yesterday. I installed the drivers and then connected the display and the drivers installed fine and set up COM4 for use with the LCD. As soon as the device was set up I saw the backlight turn on. Woohoo. So. I download CrystalControl and set that up as well. I configure it to work with my display on COM4. I clicked Test Setting and no message box popped up, so I assumed things were good to go. I go in, set up a screen, and nothing happens. I can't seem to display anything on the LCD. And now, the backlight is only on when CC is running. Otherwise the whole display is off. Anyone thing they could help me out here? Is there something I'm missing?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

airxdata

The screen is on, but I don't get any kind of boot screen. Also, I can't get it to display... anything at all. Any reason this could be happening? The thing is on, but two lines of pixels are flickering dimly. I'm pretty sure this display is busted and just want to make sure I'm not setting it up wrong before trying for an RMA. The baud rates and everything are correct, BTW.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad