632 serial hang in WinXP

kepten

I'm experiencing hangs of the CrystalControl in WinXP after having it run for a minute or less.

This occured in 2 different hardware systems (an ASUS A7V8X and an ABIT NF7 motherboard) both with WinXP SP1 clean install.

In addition have I tried to let it run at the lowest data transfer rate supported by the device of 2400b/s.

My other sys components are 2x512MB corsair, Radeon 9800Pro, m-audio revo 7.1, ASUS TV card, SCSI controllers, netgear LAN card.
when the crystalcontrol crashes it will take up to 24MB of RAM.

What made me curious:
When I go into the task manager and check CrystalControl for 'Set Priority' it is set as 'High'. All other processes are doing fine with 'normal'.

I tried setting it to 'normal' manually, but the program will still hang.

I was reading through the posts but it seems to me that the hang issue has not been resolved yet.

event viewer logs:

Hanging application CrystalControl.exe, version 1.0.0.195, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

and

Fault bucket 40170035.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
Thank you for your recent order.

You should post this in the CrystalControl forum, as they will be able to help you much more with this issue, and is not a problem with an LCD itself, but with the software.

CF Support

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad