632 LCD Problem

g3tuco

I recently purchased an LCD 632 with a USB to Serial Converter (USC-2000) and have a problem configuring. When I setup the LCD/USB converter to my Dell 2.0GHZ computer I have no problems. Wintest and LCD software works perfectly. However, when I setup the LCD/USB converter to my Custom Pentium 2.4B w/IT7 Max ABIT board, the problems begin.

When I install the driver for the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm port I get the following error;

Windows successfully loaded the device for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41).

I don't understand the problem. The LCD/converter works fine as I do not have a problem with the Dell. For whatever reason when I attach the LCD to my custom system, it will not recognize the comm ports. (In fact I get a error message from Wintest stating it cannot open any of the comm ports).

BTW, I am running Windows XP Home on the Dell and Windows XP Professional on the Custom PC.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad