631 USB Buttons

Cliffy

I just installed my 631 and was configuring the CC2 software. I had assumed (possibly incorrectly) that there was to be support for the buttons.

If this is the case, the manual does not mention them. Is there a way to assign them to functions in Winamp? I was hoping to have skip forward, skip back, toggle shuffle and toggle repeat available on the four keys. I'm no software designer, so if anyone out there has done this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
Cliffy said:
I just installed my 631 and was configuring the CC2 software. I had assumed (possibly incorrectly) that there was to be support for the buttons.

If this is the case, the manual does not mention them. Is there a way to assign them to functions in Winamp? I was hoping to have skip forward, skip back, toggle shuffle and toggle repeat available on the four keys. I'm no software designer, so if anyone out there has done this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff
I know that some users have done some work on Winamp. Search the CC2 forum for keypad, buttons, Winamp . You should find a thread(s) about it.

Jim

reider

We are currently doing some experimental work on the buttons/keypad. This will make keypad use in general a lot more accessible. All the information will be made available asap. Sorry, a timescale cannot be issued as their are many areas still to be completed. This will include the 631, 633 and any other models with keypad as may become available.

Jim is correct in suggesting you search for the Winamp, keypad, buttons stuff as some preliminary work was done in the past.

Steve

reider

Fantastic news!!! I`ve just this second set up and successfully tried the Winamp Button feature, bit of fast technical stuff there-it hadn`t quite got on the 'to do' list!

We can definately get you the working version of next track and previous track whilst retaining scroll up/down on the keypad or allocate the present two scroll buttons to something else in the Winamp arena. The shuffle feature doesn`t look to be catered for, but I think you will agree this is an in road to what you require.

Please bear with me, I need to tender the details to the correct place and we still have some bugs to iron out before we can release the changes. I will send the details now, and hopefully we can get this ready for you very soon. Please bear with us whilst we make the changes, this is in everyones best interests.

EDIT:

These are the features we could possibly allocate to the buttons at the moment, again subject to further testing and implementation asap. The first two are already tested and awaiting completion.

Prev Track
Next Track
Play
Pause
Stop
Fast Forward 5sec
Fast Rewind 5sec
Volume Up 1%
Volume Down 1%
Close Winamp

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

Last edited:

reider

Early days yet but just tested the following.

I have a ahem, cough, CFA 633 where the up/down buttons scroll between screens. The left/right buttons change to next/previous tracks in Winamp. The tick plays and the cross pauses tracks in Winamp. Not bad for starters. We`ll get it made available as soon as we finish testing.

At the moment we`re not using a core CC2 program but portions of it. We still have one or two slight bugs to iron out but its looking so Cool! Unfortunately, it is not fit to release in this state so please bear with us for now.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

reider

Araya213 said:
It would be cool to use a button to switch between track name and spectrum analyzer.
OK Araya, your cool wish is going to receive our full attention now! I`m transferring the request to 'user screens\screen requests' where someone (me) will answer your wish. By the time you get there it should be not quite done! ;)

Steve