631 problems

Araya213

CC2 runs well and i'm impressed with it! But I can't seem to run several things. Big characters don't work and neither do any of the graphical features of the screens i've found submitted by users. The only "graphical" thing i that does work is the bar graphs and histograms, which look very nice BTW. I've followed instructions carefully and have the two dlls in my system32 folder. Also I have tried reinstalling CC2. I'm running XP service pack 2. Any help would be great!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

J

jman311

same here

I also have a 631 running WinXP SP2 and I am having similar problems. The service starts and runs ok and some of the screens appear fine, but most of the graphical displays don't work and a lot of the pre-defined screens just say "NA".

I installed the .dlls (only 1 needed to be copied, the other already existed). I have also reinstalled CC2 (the first install kept giving me errors in the event log saying the .ini files were unreadable ... I tried deleting those but then the service wouldn't start).

jc634

Administrator
CC admin has some files to download in case you are missing some required Windows .dll files. See the "sticky" at the top of this forum.

Jim

J

jman311

Both myself and Araya stated that we installed those .dlls already.

CF Mark

Administrator
Hrm, well ive checked... bigchars and showgif do only require mscvr71.dll.

Really, i have no idea what else could be causing this problem as i didnt make these two plugins.
Looks like ill have to make my own to replace them :(

Araya213

After reading this, i went against your advice and overwrote the dll. Low and behold, it works!! Don't think i'm supposed to recommend doing this... So don't do it kids!

CF Mark

Administrator
Well there you go...
I said that just in case you overwrite a newer version, i didnt think an older version would cause the problem.

J

jman311

Yeah but what else is gonna break? Writing over .dlls in your system32 folder with older versions is not quite safe.

Will CC2 look for these .dlls anywhere else ... maybe in the program install directory??

CF Mark

Administrator
jman311 said:
Yeah but what else is gonna break? Writing over .dlls in your system32 folder with older versions is not quite safe.

Yeh... thats what i meant.
The ones in the system32 dir shouldnt be overwritten if they are newer.

Will CC2 look for these .dlls anywhere else ... maybe in the program install directory??
Yup.
Apps will look in thier starting directory (in this case "cc2-service" dir) before looking elsewhere.

This is only a temporary problem...
Obviously the installer isnt installing these DLLs correctly, so ill get it fixed for the next release.

J

jman311

I will try putting a copy of the .dlls there tonight and get back to ya...

J

jman311

Bummer ... I copied the .dlls to the service folder, nada improvements. Graphics are still hosed.

CF Mark

Administrator
jman311 said:
They appear as "NA"
Oh... what graphics?
Do you mean the Winamp/foobar2000 screens?

It showing "NA" means the plugin is working perfectly, but the app your trying to display info from (like winamp) isnt setup correctly.

If it is Winamp, you need to have the CrystalControl vis plugin selected and running.

J

jman311

I installed the Winamp plugin at installation, to my Winamp directory. Should I have installed it elsewhere? Is there a way I can verify it installed correctly

CF Tech

Administrator
There is some visualization setting you have to turn on in WinAmp, in addition to getting the files in the right locations.

reider

CF Tech said:
There is some visualization setting you have to turn on in WinAmp, in addition to getting the files in the right locations.
I could be wrong on this but I vaguely recall seeing a text file in the Winamp folder within CC2. I believe this file gives the required info and states it must be done for the plugin to work. As I`m not at home just now I can`t check on this for sure.

Steve