631 PCB pad layout???

Belgarius

Greetings...

In my haste completing my latest endeavor, I managed to pull the USB connector loose from the PCB, which is NOT a good thing. I also managed to pull the red wire from the connector as well, and this particular pin of the connector pulled the pad from the PCB proper. An even worse thing...
Since this is obviously a severe case of operator headspace, there would be no chance of a warranty replacement, so, I figured what the hey, might as well attempt to repair it. I managed to resolder the first three pins with no problem, but repairing the pulled pad is presenting me no ends of grief. It looks as though the input simply connected to the circuitry at one end of an SMT resistor, but I'd prefer knowing if this is the only connection before attempting to repair my idiocy... would it be possible to obtain a portion of the PCB layout that would indictate where things should connect? Or should I simply start saving my coins for a new one, or better yet, a 633, since the 631 daughter board is still in the works... hmmmm...

Thanks much,
Belgarius
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
CF Support will get a support ticket going for you on Monday. We can repair it, and set you up with a new cable. That way it will be tested and in good shape again :)

Belgarius

(stands in utter amazement)

I still have the original packing my order came in, and would be happy to send the unit back for repairs, but... in light of the fact that this is *my* screwup here, would like to inquire about fees, shipping rates and so forth. I would by no means expect this error on my part be remedied without due compensation.
To enlighten, if need be, I was in the process of making a few changes to my system, and in the process, managed to snag the cable, and pulled it, it's connector, and the PCB connector loose, ripping the aforementioned wire and pad loose from things. This is by no means a fault of the product.
I would also like to express my appreciation of your attention to things, it's not often that I've found vendors who actually make the effort to provide end user support.

Belgarius

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Belgarius

I managed to effect the repairs needed locally, but would like to extend my utmost appreciation to the support group at CF. In spite of the fact the problem definitely had nothing to do with the product, I was treated to prompt and courteous replies, and exemplary support. Thanks once more for both an outstanding product, as well as some of the finest support it's ever been my fortune to receive!:cool:

Belgarius