631, Linux, LCDProc, Client?

Hodaka Rider

OK, I just picked up a 631 from Crystalfontz on Saturday (Hi guys!) and I need a little input from the community. I've got it in my (headless) media box, and would like to set it up to display track info, etc. What clients have people used for LCDProc in this type of setup? Is LCDProc going to work good for me, or should I try something else? I would like to be able to use the buttons, too.
Other system info: EPIA M9000 MoBo, 512MB RAM, 40GB Seagate HDD (quiet!), custom modified case from an old cyrix-powered computer. I am currently running a hard drive install of Knoppix (not sure if I got the install config right, but seems to work OK, 631 lit right up!). I have installed LCDProc (Apt-get), but have not finished configuring it yet.

Thanks,
Mike
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

timid1

Hodaka Rider said:
OK, I just picked up a 631 from Crystalfontz on Saturday (Hi guys!) and I need a little input from the community. I've got it in my (headless) media box, and would like to set it up to display track info, etc. What clients have people used for LCDProc in this type of setup? Is LCDProc going to work good for me, or should I try something else? I would like to be able to use the buttons, too.
Other system info: EPIA M9000 MoBo, 512MB RAM, 40GB Seagate HDD (quiet!), custom modified case from an old cyrix-powered computer. I am currently running a hard drive install of Knoppix (not sure if I got the install config right, but seems to work OK, 631 lit right up!). I have installed LCDProc (Apt-get), but have not finished configuring it yet.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, as far as I know, LCDProc only supports the 632 and 634. I don't think that the 631 or the 633 are supported; I haven't had the time to check myself but will probably be doing so within the next couple days (I have a fresh install of Mandrake 10 and forgot to install the standard compilers).