631 Key Legends

Kagato

I'm confused on how the entire "Key Legends" work with the 631 module. I don't see any method of configuring it via CrystalControl, am I to assume that it's only doable via the WinTest app? I'm mostly looking at working with Winamp, giving me a way to Fast Forward, Next Track, Pause, and Stop if it's doable. Any insight/how-to would be appreciated.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The key legends are a firmware feature. It would be up to whatever software program to enable and use them.

I am sure CC1 does not use them. CC2 probably will after some time, but not in the first release.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Kagato

I fired up the WinTest app and finally got the LCD to display them and configured (Up, Down, Plus, Minus). So is there a default keystroke that each button reports to the PC when pressed? I guess I'm confused on the fact that the software I'm running has to support it - would it be reading from the USB I/O driver or just a decoded keystroke?

CF Tech

Administrator
The software needs to be prepared to handle the keys returned by the module. Typically the software would be responsible for turning the key legends on.

danx

CF Tech:
The key legends are a firmware feature
Does this mean that you can upgrade the firmware and have a specific keystroke for each button?

Kagato:
I'm mostly looking at working with Winamp
Yeah, me too, ideally i'd like to just program keystrokes for each button, but if that can't be done what IS the best way to get this to work with Winamp currently?