631 flash doesn't keep high bit

JoelKatz

I just got my hand on several of the 631s today. They are beautiful and work really well.

I did notice one odd quirk. It seems that if you save to flash (command 4), you lose the high bit of any display data. For example, if you have a 208 (11010000 binary) on the screen (which is a kind of a hyphen but fills solidly) and save the screen as the boot state, on reset you'll have an 80 (01010000 binary) which is a 'P'.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just a limitation? Bug?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
What firmware version are the CFA-631's running?

I just tested one off the shelf with all the characters from 0 to 255, and found no corruption in any of the times between saving the boot state and rebooting the module.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Tech

Administrator
We were able to confirm it on this end. It is corrected in the v2.0, which is currently shipping on the Blue ones. The red one are still shipping the old code.

CF Tech

Administrator
The code cannot be updated by the user. You could send it to us and we could update it on this end.

JoelKatz

We've got them all installed already. It's not worth removing them, shipping them, and getting them back to re-install them. But it doesn't matter, we just won't use any such characters in our boot screen.

Thanks for the help.