631 dead?

jim4897

My CFA-631 doesn't light up any more, I checked the USB connection. Is it dead? What kind of warranty do I have? Thanks, JIM
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Do you have a WRUSBY03? If so, please use it to check the CFA-631 on another PC, or at least on another USB port.

If it still does not power up, please write support{at)crystalfontz[dot>com (edit to '@' & '.') and they will take care of it.

jim4897

I should have said this was working and I changed my internet to DSL so i was having a lot of trouble with setting up the email for the new connection and while trying to setup the new email I lost the screen, I will try a new USB port.

jim4897

I got the LCD (631) back and it has the startup screen on it however I can't get anything to work, I had it all working before but now everything is haywire.when I load CC2 there are know ini files in the CC2 directory and when I used to rightclick the tray icon I thought there used to be an option to restart CC2 but thats not there anymore, also there's not a configure option on right click.

jim4897

I spoke to soon, it works for about 10 minutes and then a screen pops up with an error message that crystalcontrol needs to shut down and I loose all my settings and I have to reload everything

CF Tech

Administrator
After that happens, can you talk to the display with 631_Wintest? Does it still show up in device manager?

jim4897

I tried that before and nothing happened but now it started working by itself almost. it still shuts down by itself every so often but when I restart CC2 everything is OK so I don't have to reprogram everything. This is the best it worked in along time. thanks for all the help.