631 - Dallas sensors and Fans

Charly

Is it possible to have hardware schematic to connect DS18B20 and Fans to this superb new module ?

thank you
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
There will be a future hardware product to allow connection of fans and temperature sensors to the CFA-631.

Charly

Well, good news.

Do you mean that the schematic will not be public and we need to buy another specific PCB ?

CF Tech

Administrator
We will probably release a package: cables, PCB & sensors

We will not release a schematic (but it would not be too hard to figure it out once you have a PCB).

Charly

Well, I'm very surprised, you are telling me to buy a PCB and do reverse engeneering ?

why not say what to do like in your guide for 633 and DS18B20 ?

CF Tech

Administrator
I do not think we are communicating well :(

The future product will be a small expansion PCB, loaded with connectors and packaged with a bunch of cables. It will sell as a package, and you will simply plug cables together to hook it all up. There will be no need for the casual user to know the schematic in order to make the connection.

Charly

ok I understand, now it make sense for me.

If I'm good, and if the firmware of 631 already support it,
I just need to put DS18B20 on the good connector of my 631, that's right ?

CF Tech

Administrator
Ya, in theory.

The DOW, GND and +5v are all brought out on the CFA-631's existing back connector. The expansion board adds a pull-up to DOW (for sensor strings longer than 8) and a current limiting resistor to the +5v (to protect in case of shorts).

YGPM.

glmclell

sorry to dig up this old post.... but

"any updates?"

the 631 is such a cool design - bigger lcd than the 633 and a smaller package, what's not to love!

my shuttle xpc would love to have one to manage the noisey fans.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad