631 boot state

r&w

Hello,
I have a 631 LCD USB connected to a 2.6 fedora linux machine and works fine. I use it from a program I wrote and I can display characters, read keypresses, enable key legends, clear the screen.... everything but set the boot state.
The documentation says that I should send to the lcd a 4 command with 0 as data length, but it does nothing.
What I do is:
-Open the port
-Display a message in the LCD (that is shown correctly) using command 31.
-Send the 4 command with data lengh 0 to store that message as boot message.

When I reboot, the LCD still shows the Crystalfontz message.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

r&w said:
Hello,
I have a 631 LCD USB connected to a 2.6 fedora linux machine and works fine. I use it from a program I wrote and I can display characters, read keypresses, enable key legends, clear the screen.... everything but set the boot state.
The documentation says that I should send to the lcd a 4 command with 0 as data length, but it does nothing.
What I do is:
-Open the port
-Display a message in the LCD (that is shown correctly) using command 31.
-Send the 4 command with data lengh 0 to store that message as boot message.

When I reboot, the LCD still shows the Crystalfontz message.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Instead of command 31 try 7 and 8 then set bootstate, I use these in Windows utilising Wintest 631, and it works aok.

7 Set LCD contents, Line 1
8 Set LCD contents, Line 2

then command 4 to store message as boot state.

Hope this helps,

Steve

r&w

Re: Re: 631 boot state

reider said:
Instead of command 31 try 7 and 8 then set bootstate, I use these in Windows utilising Wintest 631, and it works aok.

7 Set LCD contents, Line 1
8 Set LCD contents, Line 2

then command 4 to store message as boot state.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Thank you, Steve, but the problem persist. It does not store the new boot state.

I have the LCD connected to the motherboard using a USB lead. Do I need to connect something to allow the LCD to store the data?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

reider

No, I have mine connected the same way. USB to LCD module with internal lead. I then use 631 Wintest to set the eeprom with the boot state. This is after ensuring it is set to the correct com port. Tech/Admin will pick up on this and advise the best course of action to take, don`t worry.

It seems to me that the only difference is using the Fedora Linux OS and non use of Wintest. Pity you can`t temporarily access Wintest via windows with the module connected. Set up the boot state n away you go.

Steve

CF Support

Administrator
There may be a problem with the EEPROM on board.

Write a quick email to support(at)crystalfontz(dot)com with your order number and a link to this thread and they can get you an RMA going for a quick repair.