2 probs with CC - CFA-635 - Win7

ehall

I installed the drivers and software alright but I have two problems. First is that the software does not auto-start when the computer is resumed from sleep/standby. I have switched between running as service and running as task app but neither one will automatically resume when the computer is pulled out of sleep, and I have to manually start the system tray app to get it going again.

The other problem is that it is not reliably storing brightness and contrast settings, or maybe it isn't successfully recalling them. Either way, I always have to reset brightness and contrast after a reboot.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Win7 powersaving should work ok, i fixed the bugs in that a while back.
Can you follow these steps: https://www.crystalfontz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4418
Itll help me find the problem.

Are you setting the brightness & contrast in the main configuration window, or in the little popup box?
Only settings in the main configuration window get saved.
The screen selection, brightness & contrast in the pop-up box are temporary.

ehall

The ini and log files are attached

I started it clean about 1:40 am, put the computer to sleep at 1:46, woke it up at 1:50, then manually restarted the CC2 tray app at 1:55

As for the brightness and contrast, I had last set it in the big window. I did have a bad boot recently so maybe Windows put the old file back. Edit--it worked properly on the last two reboots so I will assume it was other problems (using the pop-up, system restore, etc).

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Yes, unfortunately :(
There isnt enough details about the powersaving cycle in those logs.

Can you change the "file_level" setting to a value of "0", then do the test again?
This will log all the debugging information which will help more.

ehall

I did a cold boot at 10:01 (service started automatically), then logged in and put the computer to sleep around 10:03, woke it again at 10:04, then manually started the service at 10:05

I reinstalled the software and updated the drivers earlier this AM (prior to new logging), no change

I also checked the device manager and the CFA-635 is showing up as active (screen is also lit up). The service just does not automatically start.

Attachments

ehall

Is the service shutting down when the system goes to sleep? I don't think I've seen that behavior anywhere else. Shouldn't it just be left in the running state?

CF Mark

Administrator
The CC2 service is going into suspend just fine, doing what it should.
The service must be dieing when coming out of suspend. The logs dont hint as to why though.

There is one other place where there might be some information, in the Windows event log (In the Win7 start menu search bar, type in "event viewer").
There should be some error entries from around 10:03 when you took the system out from suspended.

ehall

The only event message is the one that says "The CC2Service service entered the stopped state" which appearsa when the computer goes to sleep.

It's the only service that changes state when the computer is put to sleep

It's not failing on resume; it is not noticing that the computer has resumed period, and this is because it's not running.

CF Mark

Administrator
Ive been doing some testing today, and have found the problem.
Will try to have a fixed version up in the next few days.

CF Mark

Administrator
These should fix the problem.
Unzip the 3 files, and while CC2 (service included) is stopped copy them into the CrystalControl2 directory.

Attachments