looking for a LCD replacement for a combustion analizer

valdelocc

the original LCD module stop working, the light came on but no characters, it was made by allshore industries, part ASI-G-204B-J-CYS/P, after looking and comparing it seems like the CFAH2004B-YYH-ET maybe the replacement but I'm not sure, what do you think?? thanks!!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
Based on the datasheet I was able to find, the CFAH2004D-YYH-ET looks to be a better fit:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFAH2004D-YYH-ET

I've attached the datasheet I tracked down. Based on the size - 77 x 47mm and the location of the header, the CFAH2004D should work for you. There may be some electrical differences in the backlight. Also, the CFAH2004D family has the English - European CGROM. The ASI datasheet listed the English - Japanese CGROM. For numbers and letters, they are they same.

Attachments

valdelocc

Thank you!! I just place the order. I should not need to modify the LCD, right? I was also looking for the 16 pins connector that goes in the back but couldn't find one, I probably going to have the old one removed and installed on the new LCD. once again thanks for your help.

CF Support2

Administrator
Based on the data sheet I found and our CFAH2004D-YYH-ET the pin outs are the same. Timings looked similar, not exact - but most systems driving a character LCD aren't real speed demons in the first place. Our best answer is "it should work". Based on the information we have found, the two modules compare out to be very close.

We've crossed a good number of modules over the years. The success rate is around 99%. Not perfect, but pretty close. Let us know if things work out!

valdelocc

besides the LCD gone bad, what else could be the problem? I hope thats all it was but I wonder what else could be?

That is what happens when a character LCD is powered up but no software initialization is performed. You need to send the init sequence to get the black cells to disappear, and to write characters.

If this LCD is a replacement, then the combustion analyzer should be sending the init sequence to the display. If this is not working, then maybe something has gone wrong with the connections. Else I cannot suggest what might be the problem.

valdelocc

bought the oem display and my analyzer is back to work, sometime trying to save a few bucks turns out to be a more expensive adventure, it was worth trying cause "you never know"