Connecting two-YMC-KS CFA634 to pc

er__carlos20

Hello, my question is whether this model can connect via USB, or if you can only use the DB9 connector.
can only be used if the connector db9 how can I connect two CFA634-YMC-KS db9 connector to one of the pc?

thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

er__carlos20

Sorry about my English, google translator does not work very well

my lcd is serial, so I want to connect via serial, but when I connect only by serial does not work, I need more? I have a normal serial cable

By connecting only the serial cable, the backlight does not receive any power so the display will be all dark. Maybe if you look at an angle you might see that some pixels are active, maybe not.

To operate the backlight, you will have to supply 5V to the pins 1 & 3 on J2 on the edge of the board. You can also use the 5V for the controller power (pin 2).
J2-1 : ground
J2-2 : 5V controller
J2-3 : 5V backlight
see the data sheet for details on page 10
http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/634/datasheets/342/CFA-634_v2.0.pdf
There is a cable to use for this power connection:
https://www.crystalfontz.com/product/WRPWRY02.html

What OS and what software are you using for this?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

er__carlos20

I have gotten the screen display with direct feed from the USB port.

but I have no communication with the display. prints the home screen, but the other screens that stand in the cc2 not print, either from the PC serial port, or from the serial port out of usb, I have no communication, no bootsetup or WINTEST, leaving the cursor blinking and does nothing more

I have gotten the screen display with direct feed from the USB port.
How are you connecting the display to USB?? Do you have the USB-RS232 converter cable?
... but I have no communication with the display. prints the home screen, but the other screens that stand in the cc2 not print, either from the PC serial port, or from the serial port out of usb, I have no communication, no bootsetup or WINTEST, leaving the cursor blinking and does nothing more
I am not sure I understand, so I will say what I think you mean.

You have tried both the PC serial (COM port) and the USB port (using converter??).
You try the CC2 software, but display not responding.
You try the WinTest software, but display not responding.
You try the 632_634_Boot_Screen software, but display not responding.
The display boots up and shows a cursor, but nothing else.

If these are true, then it seems that your cable may be wrong, maybe "null-modem" instead of "straight through", or you do not have the software set to the same baud rate as the display is set (switches on back of display).

To troubleshoot further would require test equipment to check that the comm signal is reaching the proper pin on the display connector. Do you have any test equipment?

CF Tech

Administrator
Please make sure you have a "straight through" serial cable. Check that Pin 2 goes to Pin 2, Pin 3 to Pin 3, and so forth.

If Pin 2 goes to Pin 3 then it is a "null modem" and will not work.

er__carlos20

ok, it finds everything that you tell me
I have a usb connector to serial and cable , found in area stores too. and cable to see if it finds it is null modem. create a direct

thanks for the help, comment on my progress

er__carlos20

I have made the direct cable and still have the same problem, startup screen and blinking cursor after, and WINTEST saying it can not open port com1

What do I do?

CF Tech

Administrator
Are you using the hardware COM port on your mothebroard?

Are you using a USB < --> RS-232 converter?

You must find out the COM port number from Device Manager:

Then Wintest can open the port.

er__carlos20

I have rectified the cable, pin 1 to pin1, and so on PIN9

but I have no communication, now to be connected and disconnected and connect power, not the startup screen appears but the cursor, I think it is that the connection if it exists.
WINTEST open the port correctly, but the tests and demos that have no screen.
with boot setup can not get anything different.
and also cc2

in Device Manager screen appears I do not, if the ports but without recognizing the crystalfontz

Can the problem is to restart the pc with the connected screen?

If you have standard serial ports (COM1, COM2 etc), the device manager will show them but NOT say Crystalfontz because the serial port is dumb.

A USB-RS232 converter will show in device manager as Crystalfontz because the USB port is smart to identify what is plugged in.

You should try all of the ports with the software, in case you are connected to one with the wrong COM name.