Cfag240128d-tmi-tz

Puddenhead

I am wanting to use this LCD in graphic mode. Is there a chip select on this lcd. Do i need to seperate columns and rows. I am trying to write an initialize program in C to run off of avr chip. like do i seperate the columns between pixals 1-80, 81-160, 160-240. and sort rows between pixals 1-64 and 64-128. i noticed most lcd seperate the columns between two chips. i need to know how this one is set up and how to program it. i cant find it in the wintest.zip program that i was told to look at.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

v8dave

Hi there,

Have you got the datasheet? On page 7 is shows PIN 15 as the chip select. Also note that this display has an E (enable) input too.

As for drivers, according to a quick search, the LC7981 seems to be compatible with the older Hitachi HD61830 so you should be able to find a driver for this. Ramtex have a very good one but it will cost you $550 and unless this is a commercial product, that is not going to be worth it to you to purchase this.

You can do a search for AVR drivers. I found this one.

http://www.frozeneskimo.com/electronics/2007/03/30/lc7981hd61830-driver-for-el-backlit-samsung-lcd/

Good luck and have fun.
Dave...

Puddenhead

I have have already emailed. user name is jasaevan@gmail.com. I have the CFAG_WinTestDlg.cpp file i am confused on what

CWaitCursor wait;
switch(m_address.GetCurSel())
{
case 1:
port_data_address=0x278;
break;
case 2:
port_data_address=0x3BC;
break;
default:
port_data_address=0x378;
break;
}
port_control_address=port_data_address+2;

means. I am trying to write an initialize driver program for lcd. I want to set it up so i can give a x,y position to start at and then the hex array of what to write.

Code:
switch(m_address.GetCurSel())
{
case 1:
port_data_address=0x278;
break;
case 2:
port_data_address=0x3BC;
break;
default:
port_data_address=0x378;
break;
}
port_control_address=port_data_address+2;
This code is strictly for PC parallel port addressing, and is of no use for AVR control of a display.