Very cool - but can't get a lot to work

danm

I bought a 634 a long time ago and just found the new software - very impressive! This makes the LCD modules much more useful.

Now onto the problems ... :)

When I use the netstat (ping) plugin, all I get is P01

When I use the process monitor, it complains that it can't get process information (for any process) and displays NV

When I use JC netstats I get 0 kB/s for all (recv, send, bandwidth)

There must be something obvious I'm missing ...
________
buy silver surfer vaporizer
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
I bought a 634 a long time ago and just found the new software - very impressive! This makes the LCD modules much more useful.
Thanks, glad your finding new life in your old 634.

As for the problems...

When I use the netstat (ping) plugin, all I get is P01
Ill get back to you on this one, its an error which shouldnt be seen.

When I use the process monitor, it complains that it can't get process information (for any process) and displays NV
Are you running Vista?
If you are, then the process plugin wont work at all im afraid (Vista security issues once again).

If your not... then "NV" means "No Value", or that the plugin could not read the memory address youve supplied it.
So either the mem address has been entered wrong, or it doesnt exist.

When I use JC netstats I get 0 kB/s for all (recv, send, bandwidth)
Youll need to edit the loaded screen file with a text editor first and change the network card name.
You can find information on this here:
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=4526
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=4926

danm

Hi,
Yes, I gave up on the CF and stuck it in a box. The old software just wasn't useful enough (and caused some stability problems). The new stuff really gives it new life. Maybe I'll buy another ...

Anyhow no I'm running XP.

About the memory address I didn't realize I have to supply it. Can you give me some more information on configuring this screen? Will it work if the process dies/is killed and restarted (would I have to do in and reconfigure the memory address again?)

Thanks -
________
Honda CB900F

Last edited:

danm

Any luck? Is there any information I can provide to help you debug? Ping is functionality I really need for this application. Thanks :)
________
CBR954RR

Last edited:

danm

Ah ha! New information.

If I go to a DOS prompt and do a manual ping, then kicks in and works in CC2. This has to be done after the server has been restarted.

Further, the screen only updates to the manual ping. So the last round trip time (for example) is frozen on the display until the next manual ping is done.

Something seems to get wedged and it needs a little kick. Any help?
________
vaporizer review

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
If you give me some, I will try to get it checked with the default screens. I'm making up a very complete screen list of all the CC2/user contributed/screen library screens. This is being done in Vista ATM, and I will simply copy the files over to XP after that.

I am currently getting PO1's for all the default CC2 screens in Vista. I will copy over what I have in XP tomorrow night and see what I get there.

k?

Question: did you get your other screen problems figured out? Or not?

JC

CF Mark

Administrator
About the memory address I didn't realize I have to supply it. Can you give me some more information on configuring this screen? Will it work if the process dies/is killed and restarted (would I have to do in and reconfigure the memory address again?
Are you loading a screen or making one yourself?

The Process plugin is used to "look into" running applications memory and read out values/text.
Its VERY powerful (ie, you can get information from nearly any running application), but its also very difficult to use.

As for the pinging problem...
Have you tried pinging another host?
Give www.google.com a go for example, see if that gives the same P01.

danm

CrystalControlAdmin:

On the pinging problem - same deal, P01. A manual ping gets it going again however.

JC,

I got things mostly figured out.

EXCEPT .... :)

Now I have a web page reader going. Actually two, when I change it to four, I add two more little readers, CC2 crashes.
________
Honda CD175

Last edited: