CF635 + CC2 Nothing works

'99

Plz. I really need help here....
I can't get the screens for my CF635 to work. I've tried almost everything, also JC634 has been a big help, but still nothing seem's to work. :(

When I install the netstat screen it shows no sign of action, even when downloading a huge file. The same goes for the LED's. I've come to wonder if it has anything to do with the folder in which CC2 is installed.... must it be installed in C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\ to work? It's about the last solution I see. :confused:

When I install a screen that uses Rivatuner informations.... everything works fine.

Thx. for any help.

Word up!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

I can't get the screens for my CF635 to work. I've tried almost everything, also JC634 has been a big help, but still nothing seem's to work. :(

When I install the netstat screen it shows no sign of action, even when downloading a huge file. The same goes for the LED's. I've come to wonder if it has anything to do with the folder in which CC2 is installed.... must it be installed in C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\ to work? It's about the last solution I see. :confused:

When I install a screen that uses Rivatuner informations.... everything works fine.

Thx. for any help.

Word up!
I use D:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\ and it works fine here...

Is it just your netstat screens?

CF Mark

Administrator
CrystalControl2 can be installed anywhere. Location should not matter.
I install my working copy in "d:\crystalcontrol2".

Do the required permon counters get listed with the perfmon dump utility included with CC2?
Are they available in the windows perfmon utility (run "perfmon" from the startbar)?

Perfmon counters can be quite touchy, some counters can be on some PCs but not others.
Ive also had perfmon counters dissapear for no good reason.

'99

Funny thing is that it's regarding screens where I have to edit ID numbers and networkcard's name. Everything is done according to the guides shown. When I use a screen which gets info from ex. Rivatuner og SCAB board, everything works fine. Maybe it's my motherboard... it's a eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLi mATX Mobo. It says that I have a nForce 4 network card, which matches my onboard nic. But even If I change the names in the files mentioned in the guide, it reports nothing.... Try'ed using the LED's (Send/Recive) following JC634's guide.... and they turn orange....and nothing happen's... there does it get info from? something's got to be wrong, but I cant find it. It's starting to p... me off! Mostly because the CF635 + SCAB ain't a cheap solution....

Word up!

BTW. Is there ever gonna be a update of Crystal Control 2? or is it dead?

CF Mark

Administrator
Its not dead.
CC2 has had some big developments behind the scenes (like the screen-editor).

Itll be dormant for the next month, then there should be a new release with the screen-editor and other yummy new features.

jc634

Administrator

Thx. for any help.

Word up!

Per,

I *think* part of the problem is you are using a non-English Windows XP. It did not really sink in when I looked at the perfmon file you sent me: I believe it is Danish?

The other ini files are English, so the mixture of Danish/English is confusing CC2? (CCadmin, please take it from here if I'm giving bad info!)

In order for the netstats to work, I *believe* that you would have to search for the Danish verbage for your network adapter, then plug that into my netstats screen. Again, I'm not an expert on non-English co-existence with CC2. I'll defer to CCadmin, again.

FWIW, you might want to upload the files you sent me to this thread, so that CCadmin can elaborate on my meandering :eek: above.

Later!

Jim

'99

jc634,
You might be right... I've tried everything, went through everything and changed the NIC name to Danish, without any luck. My thought is that CC2 dont get any info from the motherboard, without using ex. Rivatuner. When I use the SCAB info, everything runs fine. I think that I might just wait it out until a new version of CC2 hit's the streets.

BTW. How can I fit a sensor on a 7900GTX? there is very little space, if I want to get it close enough to the GPU.

Thx. for all youre help, word up!

'99

Thx. jc634, nice to have you around.... You've been a big help, trying to solve this "small" problem.

jc634

Administrator
BTW, I forgot to mention the temp sensor. For an air-cooled setup, I simply shoved a sensor between the heatsink fins. Since I'm more concerned about temp differentials, than actual temps, this sufficed for me.

'99

My idea, was to remove some material from the sensor to get it closer to the GPU. My GFX is a BFG 7900GTX

Last edited: