Swiftech MCP655 pump animated screen

Crystalmancer

[This is actually an absolute clone of the Swiftech MCP655 pump, but it comes with an added tach lead so you can monitor the RPMs.]

CAUTION!!!!Be careful if you are going to plug this pump into a motherboard fan header!!!! It comes with a fan molex, just like a regular fan's, so you can easily plug it into your motherboard fan header. However, I would mod the wiring so you can plug the power and ground to a normal 12v molex and then split the tach wire to the motherboard fan header. This pump draws quite a bit of power and could possibly damage your motherboard if you try to power it through a fan header. I know this info is probably not "news" to all of you, but better safe than sorry.

This screen is specific to the CF635 with the SCAB module. It uses fan 2 header (NOTE: I modded the wiring so THE TACH WIRE IS CONNECTED TO THE SCAB MODULE! It is very easy to mod.). If you are using all the fan headers on the SCAB, it would be best to follow the suggestion above, under: "CAUTION!!!!".

This shows the pump's revolutions per minute.

Animation: Water "flows in" through the lower nozzle and "flows out" through the upper nozzle, just as it would on the real pump.

Author: Crystalmancer

Screen zip file: Swiftech MPC655.zip

Install Instructions:

Copy the gif file to C:\gifs. Or simply use the GIF in your own screen. :)

Copy the screen out of the zip into the: C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-config\screens directory, add them to your module.

Included are 20x4 screen files.

I am still investigating the pulse readings off the tach lead, so I'm not sure if the calc.ini settings are very accurate. I will post my findings when I finalize them.

You WILL need to adjust your calc.ini to fine tune it to your pumps tach pulse.

Development thread: N/A.

Hopefully, it works as well for you as it does for me.

Hope you enjoy!

Crystalmancer
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited by a moderator: