Graphics, Reg modules

OcLpRk8699

Ok guys im new on the forums, although iv owned a 20x4 charachter. I wired that myself, i have a pretty extensive knowledge when it comes to electronics, im accualy in electronics 4 as im typing, lol. My old lcd i got from here crossed with a power wire and she lit up like fireworks, so im interested in hooking up a graphic lcd. Now i know software is pretty scarce for this thing. But what limits do current software have. Im thinking about the CFAG240128D, i see i probably need that power inverter for it. No biggy, but i can do the wiring no problem, like i said, thats the easy part for me. What im trying to figure out is how the software works out. I have basic programing skills in J++ and Sun 1. But i hate them both. So is there any good software for this thing? Or is it the plugins that are the issue? Also does anyone have any wiring diagrams off hand? All help greatly appreciated. And yes i understand that the graphic lcd's arent intended for the average pc user, but im not the average pc user ;)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Whoever is gonna help you might like to know what your intended use is. The presumption is that it would be mounted in a PC, and perhaps connected via a parallel printer port. Then there's the question of whats to be displayed... text or graphics or both? Is the software for any particular OS, or might this actually be an embedded project? Etc., etc.

OcLpRk8699

I understand its not for the "pc" use end, and thanks for checking, but im trying to be orginal with this one. Im trying to display both graphics and txt. Ill be hooking up through parallel, most likely. Is there anysofware out there already though? The lcd is made, there has to be people who have somewhat perfected the art of programing this one. And as far as i know its been out a while has it not? Ill be running XP. Also do regular vb plugins work with it, that would work with the charachter lcd's? But a little more complex im guessing?