Dual Ethernet Baseboard?

PJE

Hi,

I'm wondering if you're likely to be implementing a version of the CFA-92x baseboard for the i.MX287 with dual Ethernet ports.

I have an application which would suit this product, but I currently need 2 separate Ethernet ports for my future plans.

Regards,

PJE
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

R

robbert229

I have no idea about future products, but since it is linux you can get a ethernet to usb adapter. If you don't mind me asking, what is the application you have in mind?

PJE

I have no idea about future products, but since it is linux you can get a ethernet to usb adapter. If you don't mind me asking, what is the application you have in mind?
It's for an industrial HMI and process monitoring system on a product we manufacture - I currently use a 7" (800x480) display with a 200MHz ARM9. It would be nice to have the i.MX287's dual independant Ethernet, as well as the added speed and more advanced graphics. We've also been looking at higher performance boards (Cortex-A8/9), but they're a little overkill for our application.

Due to the application, and the need for the USB for data access, I'd prefer not to use a USB to Ethernet interface.

We're currently using around 1,000 units per year.

PJE

PS. Do you have any example software which drives the display? I implemented my own lightweight graphic library acting directly on the frame buffers and using the existing boards bitblt capabilites. I'd prefer to move to a more standard means of accessing the display.

R

robbert229

I am pretty sure that we have one, I am just not 100% sure about what and where it is. We do have a desktop environment working. I have done a bit of gui work with gtk on the 921. Are you looking for a full desktop environment gui library, or something smaller and more light weight?

PJE

My current code simply uses direct frame buffer access, together with simple bitblt functions between screen pages. I've written everything myself.

I use two screen pages together with a few pages of icons which can be copied into the screen being drawn.

I'm looking for systems which I can port the code to without too much effort.

PJE

R

robbert229

I know that "Direct Frame Buffer" is being used. That is the most I know. You can probably call up support for a real answer on whether or not they will have the two Ethernet ports in the future.