CFAH2002A-RGB-JP help

Maniaczach

I am rather new at lcd screens and need some help. I just got the red backlit CFAH2002A-RGB-JP and I need some help with the wiring. Most of the diagrams I see have all the connections in a straight line and numbered, on mine there are two rows with a 1 and 2 at the bottom of them. Also the a and k 5v are on the other side of the board. Any bit of help i can get on this would be great, Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

TheCheeseMan

I think you'll find the pins are in the following order

1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15
2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16

so the 1 and 2 mark the start of the pattern... 15 and 16 are normally labelled too?

Cheers,

r.

Last edited:

Maniaczach

i see now, 15 and 16 arent on there. Also do i need to connect anything to the a and k? I would really appreciate a real pic of the wiring of this lcd if there is.

TheCheeseMan

Just checked the data sheet...

if there are 14 pins in that main block of pin outs then yes you need to connect 4.2 volts (5V via a 50 ohm resistor say) to a and earth k - if there are 16 pins in the main block then a is connected to pin 15 and k to pin 16 and you need to wire 4.2v to pin 15 and earth 16.

Cheers,

r.

Maniaczach

ok there are 16 pins on there, just 15 and 16 arent labeled. anyways there is also a and k, so i need to run power through both the 16 pin and the a and k?

TheCheeseMan

No I don't think so - the worst that can happen is the backlight won't come on :)

I think you'll be fine, go and solder!

Cheers,

r.